》Chapter Fourty-One

Edited by: _rose

'' What now?'' I whisper exasperated.

''Oh nothing darling, i'm just happy to see you!'' Zayn exclaims very excited, arms wide open as he smirks at me.

'' Oh no. I have had enough shit for today!'' And as fast as I sneaked in, I depart returning into Harry's room, hoping Louis won't be there. Luckily for me, he is gone.

Once I finish cleaning his room, I proudly look around. It's so immaculate and neat, it seems somebody just unwrapped it and put it here to the be used for the first time. I sigh and get myself to work.. I have to take care of the gardens or i'm sure Missus Alice will have my ass on a spike and  she can do it without asking for any maids help.

Returning to the maze isn't easy. It takes every inch of my strength but the fact that I made it, that I took the first step into the green grass,  gave me back the courage and my self-confidence I had long lost through all shit that had happened. It gave me back a bit of control over my own life.

By lunch time, the weight from my stomach is completely lifted and I walk light-hearted towards Harry's cabin. The smell coming from inside, makes me very hungry. It smells of chicken and something sweet, perhaps white wine? I don't know exactly but i'm sure i'll find out soon enough. I push the door open and stroll inside.

The place has been cleaned from the bottom. The books have been dusted and reorganized, the couch pumped up and the pavement washed more than one time. Harry is hiding in the tiny kitchen to the far left of the house, a rag over his shoulder, his pants hanging desperately low over his waist and his curls still wet from his recent shower. He is surely a beautiful sight and watching him so deep into his task, makes me want to keep looking at him for as long as i can. So I stay there, 20 steps or so from Harry, admiring him in all his gentleness while he damns himself to make everything looking perfect for me.

Harry bends to check the oven and  opens it to take out the chicken so i pace to rip these 20 steps away from us  and just wrap my arms around Harry's chest, hard, making him stumble and almost toppling the roast.

'' Jade? What's up with you, you almost made our lunch go down the pan.'' He's not angry, his words are calm and tender, as if he didn't care about it but didn't know what else to say.

We stay in silence for a little time, however I can tell Harry is growing uncomfortable; therefore, I simply withdraw, lowering my head to apologize for the inconsiderate gesture.

'' I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me.'' That's when Harry leaves the chicken on the counter and turns to face me, his emerald eyes shining. He rushes towards me, I try to take a step back but he catches my face in between his  warm hands and passes his thumbs over my cheekbones, determinate to find any tears that might be there. Luckily, there are none.

I see his eyes running like mad all over my face and my body, searching for a new scratch or something else that could explain to him what I just did.

The truth is that what I did was just dictated by the pureness of the moment. And also by the fact that Harry, the boy who has been served his all life, spent probably his whole morning cooking to make a good impression on me.

'' I'm fine..'' I mumble and flicker my eyelids making Harry's features soften, relaxing.

Eventually he leaves my body and I instinctively hold to his wrists, not wanting him to go yet.

'' Thank you, Harry. This is beautiful..'' I say pointing to the room, raising on my toes just to kiss his cheek. I have to admit, I linger more than I should, but that's because his scent prevents me from doing otherwise.  However, the moment I try to let go, Harry's eyes pierce through my soul and before I can say or do anything, he kisses me causing me to moan in surprise, his hands crawling up to my body, hanging one through my hair and the other lower on my back, nearing me to his feature in a swift movement.