》Chapter Sixty

Edited by: _rose

" Jade? Jade? JADE!" Harry shakes me back to reality. I must look like someone who just saw a ghost.

"He's back.. He's back, Harry."

We are into Harry's building parking lot when I regain control, he takes the phone away from my hands.

"Who's the Rook?" He inquires calmly but I can't seem to get my thoughts in line so I just shade my head, starting to panic.

"We need to find that out fast, if we want to help whoever he is talking about."

" Okay, let's brainstorm a little." Harry opens the glove compartment and fetches a notebook and a pen.

" There are only six pieces in the chess game. There's the-"

" Pawn, which would be me.." Harry nods and scribbles it down. "then we have the Knight."

" And that would be me.." Harry states while keeping on writing.

" What else do we have?"

" I don't know.. He called Louis with his name and my mom just mother. So I have no clue."

Harry taps the pen against his lips, his eyes are fixed on the piece of paper.

" You don't have anybody else who matters to you?"

" The only other person that comes to my mind is Penelope." I'm really getting desperate and exasperated at the same time.

"What about that friend of yours?" Harry blurts out and his face enlightens.

" Whom, what friend-" The lightbulb over my head finally switch on too.

" Finnon! He's the Rook! We need to go to Oxford right now!"

Harry starts the car almost immediately, pressing the accelerator all the way down.

" Why would he go after Finnon, I don't understand." I say to myself but Harry doesn't answer, he's too busy watching the road to do so.

So I silently try to guess who the responsible could be and, believe it or not, the only person that comes to mind is that redhead Harry was so in love with. She's the only one that hates me, the only one who has any reason to hold a grudge. But then again, she doesn't seem the type. She's too sophisticate to do such thing, she wouldn't get her hands dirty, especially since Harry basically pushed her away, giving her no way to hold on to hope.

When we finally get there, Harry parks badly, taking two spots but doesn't bother fixing it. He locks his car and follows me as I bolt towards the men's dormitory.

"Where are you going?" Harry tries to catch me but I don't stop, there's too much at stake.

Once I make my way up, I hear Harry mumbling something to himself in discomfort. I don't understand what until some brat whistles at me and he roars back ,hushing him.

" Finn!" I yell as I reach his door and start hitting it with my fists. Please answer, please be there. Nothing. I press my ear on the wood and the silence is a warning that gives me chills.

" No, no, no." I cry out while bumping my hands desperately.

My phone vibrates again and I rush to take it out. Another text from that freak and again the content isn't very hopeful.

It's  a picture of Finnon, hands and legs tied to a chair, his blond hair falling on his forehead, two or three string of blood running down his cheek from the cut on his right temple.