》Chapter Seventy-Four

Edited by: _rose

Harry'S POV.

Cole is resting on the couch, arms crossed with a frowned expression. Jade is wrapped in a blanket and she all over him sound asleep. I've been sited here staring at them for one hour without tearing my eyes away once.

Karen points at me to join her on the balcony so I follow, trying not to make a lot of noises.

She lights up a cigarette and pass it to me, I welcome the calming smoke into my lungs and breath out a little bit of my stress.

"It's killing you, isn't it?" I don't answer and just stare at my cigarette. The view is breathtaking. Oxford at night is so calm.

"You have no idea."

"She'll come back. I know what you're thinking, she is not in love with him." I sardonically cackle at that and point to the boy inside.

"How can you be so sure? She depends on him, now. She doesn't need anybody but that asshole!" Karen plays with her lower lip, not wanting to say the wrong thing even though she's clearly amused.

"When something like that happens, the brain is completely mushed and you find yourself doing meaningless things hoping they will give you control over your own body. You're probably the only person in this room she wouldn't tell what happened to her, you know why? Because you're the only one she truly cares about. She juust doesn't want to put you in the uncomfortable situation that will follow once she'll spill the beans." I take another puff, not believing my own ears.

" What do I do?"

" Just wait." She suggests and I roll my eyes, so she rushes to add. "Hey, do you think it's easy for her? Whatever you're going through, it's endlessly worse for her. When it happened to me I freaked out so bad, before understanding it wasn't my fault."

" How can she think it is her fault?" Karen takes a deep breath, not knowing how to portrait the right scenario for me to understand.

" In this situation, you're so fucked up you need somebody to blame which usually is yourself because it's the only weak spot in the picture. It's truly different from person to person, so I don't know what's going on in Jade's head. However, I would avoid physical contact for a while, unless she craves for it. She needs to do all the things that empower her, she needs to take her sexuality back and winning this battle with herself first. I was alone when it happened to me. She has you and that will make a huge difference for her."

" Me?  Can I really do something to help?"

"Read about it, assist her when she wants to try something new and mostly, respect her. Take everything she decides to give you, even if it's meaningless to you. I assure you it costs her a lot."

" I want to talk to her, alone." Karen wides her eyes as if I was some kind of mad man.

"You know that if you screw this up, you're doomed, right? You'll lose her forever." I nod and she sighs taking the last puff from my cigarette.

"Alright, then. Don't be too invasive, I beg of you." She groans and walks back in leaving me alone with my thoughts for a while.

***

Jade is now sited, head resting on the couch as she scrolls something on what I assume is Cole's phone.

I sit across from her and don't miss her eyes following me without looking at me directly. Something catches my attention and I watch as my kitten, now almost fully grown, jumps on Jade's lap, causing her to startle before cupping its face in between her hands.