》Chapter Fifty-Three

Edited by: _rose

From Unknown:

Didn't you know the only use for a pawn, is to sacrifice itself for the better good? The real game is for Kings and Queens only.

I must have read it a thousands of times by now and still, it makes no sense.

What is this supposed to mean?

Why can't I catch the meaning behind the text like I always do? Is this just a mere warning?

I don't really know.

I hear a loud scream coming from Harry's room.

I rush as fast as I can and find him sweating, with his wild eyes scrutinizing the place from side to side. As soon as he sees me, he jumps on his feet and speeds to me.

" Jade!" He shouts almost startling me and wraps his arms around me. He's panting and barely standing, shaking vigorously.

" I'm here." I automatically answer and return the hug to comfort him.

'' I had a nightmare. I was in a dark room and I couldn't reach you. You needed me and I couldn't get you. It was awful.."

I pet his hair tenderly and let him squeeze me for as long as he pleases. 

"Harry?" I interrupt him and lead him to the bed to sit. "How long have you been having these nightmares?"

"They're nothing." He dismisses me but I stare into his eyes not letting this go and making him feel obliged to add something more. "A very long time. They go away only when I play the piano or sleep with you."

"How bad are they?''

"You don't want to know that." There's sarcasm in his voice and a hint of fear. He seems a baby, pouting at me for sticking my nose but I can't help it. I need to know.

" What do you dream, usually?"

" Jade, I can take care of them. Just don't go too far and I'll be fine." I roll my eyes at his sneaky smile and stop making questions. He knew I would have, that's why he's being cheesy.

'' Alright then, do you want to talk about the panic attack you had in your music room?" He stands, his tank top is too big and hangs loose on his chest showing all his muscles.

" Not a biggie."

Oh hell it is.

He walks into the kitchen and fills a glass of water. I get close to the sink to have one too, but I suddenly discover the one in Harry's hands is for me. Harry putting me first is something that will always take me off of guard, I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.

I take it gladly and linger a moment on our fingers touching. I can almost see the hairs on his arms lifting for the electrified feeling.

Harry rips the glass from my hand and moves forward, cutting my breath out.

'' Did you know your eyes become forest green when I get close to you?"

Did you know every time yours aren't looking at me, I die a thousands of deaths?

"And it's amazing because it doesn't happen for anybody else. Just for me."

"My eyes aren't properly green." I try to add and his stare falls down to my chest only to raise up to my face again.

" Your eyes are the most beautiful, enchanted and wild things I've ever seen. It's like having water and earth combined ready to enslave me. I can't stop losing myself into them."