》Chapter Seventy-Three

Edited by: _rose

Harry's Pov.

"I'm tired of staying here doing nothing." I state more to myself than to Karen, who is currently smoothing her nails on my couch. 

"Calm down, Edward. There is not much we can do anyway." I know she's right, but being helpless is driving me crazy. I had to turn off my phone because of the non stop calls I received from Jade's mother. Louis told me he would have taken care of this, he didn't do a very good job apparently.

"Don't you think I know that?" I sigh and fall back into my seat, staring at how aggressively Karen is rubbing the file against her cuticles. There are not many places I can rest my ass, this place is so little and it's suffocating me.

" I shouldn't even be helping you. I should be miles away on a foreign beach drinking from a straw, instead here I am racking my brain to figure out a solution."

"If you could find out where she is hidden, it would be simpler." She scoffs and stops working on her nails fixing her eyes on me.

" You're out of your mind if you think all you need is ring them up and ask if you can take Jade with you. It doesn't work like that. Now calm down, I should be having information very soon."

As if she called for it, her phone buzzes and she urges to pick it up.

" Hello?" Her face goes blank and I stare as she bites the perfect nail she has worked so hard to shape.

She snaps up on her feet before storming in the bathroom keeping me in complete oblivion.

The phone call is short and before I can ask anything, Karen rips the robe off of her and stands in her underwear in front of me while bending to retrieve her jeans and hoodie from the ground.

"We need to go to a place. I might have something." I think I've never seen so much emotions crossing her face before. I rush to take my car keys inside my pocket and walk her outside.

She doesn't let me inquire, I just follow her directions. It's a two-hours drive and when we pull into the driveway, I'm surprised to see we end up at my loft. Perhaps she needs to grab something?

"What are we doing here?" Karen gets off with the same rush she got in and walks straight to the elevator. She punches the attic button a couple of times until we finally get to my floor and she bolts again freezing once she reaches my door. I look for the keys but she reaches for my shoulders placing me against the wall to face me.

" I need to tell you something." I stay frozen as the words stroll off her mouth. I embrace myself thinking it will be something so bad, I will not survive.

"Jade is safe, she's in the loft." I don't know for how long I've waited to hear these words, the only thing I know is that adrenaline springs free and I get hyped. I insert the keys in the hole and sprint inside. Karen tries to catches me but I jerk her off so thrilled to finally get to meet her.

I spot her instantly, holding a cup of tea in her hands, one of my old tracksuit thrown over her cuddled body that is leaning on the armchair looking so small.

I run towards her and open my arms ready to catch her, however I feel a hand on my chest that easily pushes me back, causing Jade to startle, shattering her mug and spilling the tea everywhere.

A tall figure stands in between us, his blond hair looks so dirty as if he hasn't washed them in ages and something about his smell makes me want to hang him to the wall just for coming in the way.

"Who the hell are you?"

"This must be your Romeo, right Juliet?" Jade's eyes are encircled by dark rings making her seem malnourished and almost ill. There's no trace of the happy, chubby girl I met the first time at my father's house.