》Chapter Eighty-Two

Edited by: _rose

Jade's Pov.

I have my tracksuit on and my hair hidden in a hat. Harry will be so pissed when he finds out I'm not here and I know for a fact, I will not escape his anger this time. But I have to do it. This is something for myself and I need to do it.

I reach inside the closet and fish Zayn's gun. I'm not planning on use it any time soon, but better safe than sorry, at this point.

I open the window carefully and climb on the other side of the rails. Roy comes to me, we look into each other's eyes and he starts to snarl softly, warning me not to go any further.

"Roy, don't do this to me. You can't come." I whisper and he yelps in return so I just roll my eyes and add. "So can't Harry, boy. I'm sorry but if something else happens to him, I couldn't live with myself. I need him to be as safe as possible. I'll be back soon." looking down. It's really high and I'm scared but I feel my legs moving before I can even realize it.

Roy starts to bark and I curse under my breath as I run to Harry's car, starting it. I feel so powerful and excited I even turn the music on. I roll the window all the way down and let my hair spring free and enjoying the cold of the upcoming winter that ices my skin but not my heart.

When I finally reach the cave, I park in the woods and turn the flash of my phone on. It takes me a lot of time to finally get to the spot where Louis, my father and I used to have picnics during his breaks. Louis loved those days more than me, his father never was the type who would sit and talk to his children but mine was and Louis adored him for it. I suspect he looked up at my father as the only father-figure in his life. I'm so disappointed for the bad things I told him, I hope I'll meet him soon and tell him how much I care for him and that I regret everything came out of my mouth that day. I wonder where he is and why he hasn't reached out for me.

I need to focus.

The oak is outstanding, hard to find if you don't know where to search, definitely hard to miss once you're at its presence. It's been so long since I've been here but it hasn't changed one bit.

I move at the base of the oak tree and start digging with my bare hands, hurting my nails but not caring in the slightest. Flashbacks of all the lunch breaks we spent here come washing over me, bringing a little tear at the corner of my left eye.

I grab a rock nearby and use that to make my way through the soil. Once it hits something woodenly, I fastens my movements and take it out.

It's a beautiful box with a Latin inscription at the top of it that says: Alea Iacta est. It means the die is cast.

The inscription, is the only thing poorly doodled over the wood and it doesn't match with the beauty of it, I know my father wrote that.

I open it and retrieve a folder full of papers written with the same handwriting. I grab my phone and snap pictures of every page even though it takes me a long time, I'm not risking it. I need tangible proofs of this and if by mistake somebody would steal it, I need to have my back covered.

I send all the pictures in an email to myself and, for safety, I send them to my mother's too.

I don't need to waste time, I just head to the car and hide the documents under the seat while I drive away as fast as possible. My breath is heavy, I have the same feeling I had back when Zayn showed up so I hurry out of the woods, heading back home.

When I park next to my house, I turn the car off and start going through the pictures. Most of the names belongs to people I don't know, but some of them are very clear to me, especially one that I'm so very familiar with.