》Chapter Fifty-Eight

Edited by: _rose

" Do you think he can make it?" Piper asks me and I don't have the courage to answer.

" Help me get him on that couch." I pass one of his arms around my neck and wait for Piper to do the same. We drop his body who falls on the side, like a flat balloon.

" What do you think Jade?"

As I'm about to give her the bad news, Harry precedes me by bursting into laughter.

" Look who's here! Prince Philip and Henrietta." With my luck, i'm probably the prince.

" God... He's so gone!" I breath out, helping Harry standing straight as I cup his face with my hands. I can clearly see as he is trying hard to focus on my face.

" Please Piper, I need a bucket of ice and some water. The colder the better." Pipes stares at me a bit disoriented but disappears anyway to comply my requests.

" Harry, what have you done?"

" I'm not Harry. Who's Harry?" I roll my eyes and move his hair from his face, in hope he'll get a better view and finally waking up from this stupid dream.

" Oh do tell me, sir.. Who would you be?"

" I'm Louis, I'm the Sun." Oh dear. He thinks he's the french king, Louis XIV.. I can't believe this.

" Oh interesting and who am I, then? Some forgotten maid who used to clean your chambers pot?"

Harry's eyes get sharper and darker. I get petrified as he grabs my cheeks and gets so close, the smell of alcohol surrounds me and he is the only thing I can see.. Like he really is the sun and I'm a simple star.

" You? You're my Henrietta."

" Well thank you your majesty for giving me the title of a princess. That will not be forgotten, even though I get poisoned after years of unhappiness with your gay brother."

Harry's thumb brushes over my cheekbone, his gaze wondering like he never did before and I catch something at the bottom of his eyes that makes my heart skipping a beat.

" No, no, no." He slides off the couch and gets on his knees, so that he can tower me even though he's sited. His short hair is a mess, stuck to his eyes by the sweat, but the intensity of his stare is making very hard for me to breathe. 

 " You're my beautiful Henrietta. My beautiful love. You have been my first true love and I'll never let anything bad happen to you."

It stopped. My fucking heart stopped as the smell of alcohol turned into taste. His clumsy lips catch my very own and trap them into a bashful yet so innocent kiss.

" Harry.."

" Louis." He warns me like it's a life and death matter so I play along to speed things up.

" Louis, what.."

" King Louis.." I snort  loud at that. Harry ignores me and just giggles, his playful sweet touch doesn't leave me once.

" Louis, why have you gotten yourself drunk? You know what was at stake." Harry gives me a tender peck on my lips and another one before speaking.

" Because life is so miserable without you Henriette. Not even music could cheer up the pain I feel. It's like I am the sun but my light is dull. I get so hollow and lonely, not even being King of the world can fix me."

I'm totally shocked and I can't manage to open my mouth and let the air filling my lungs in time, before Piper shows up. She rushes towards us but with a clumsy step, she trips over her own feet and the bucket of ice splashes Harry right into the face, falling on the floor.

Harry gets on his feet and starts cursing, not the most elegant King I can assure you. And by the time he finishes, he's pissed. I try not to laugh as Piper keeps on apologizing.

" Jade?" I stop dead truck and share a silent moment with Harry. It's true sometimes words aren't needed. Sometimes it's better if the souls do the talking.

" I know.."

" We only have two minutes before the little doves fly out of the nest!" Piper mimics the old lady with an elegant swing of her hands.

" I need a new suit."

" You sound like a girl. Do you have any idea what we have done to awake you? Now the only thing you'll put on is your best smile while you walk down the staircase with me. Are we clear?" Both of us stay quiet, scared of Piper outburst.

She can be really bossy, I had no idea.

" I'm still drunk, no shouting."

'' You deserve to be shouted on. You got drunk knowing this was important, for the both of us, Edward!" Harry's eyes don't seem guilty, but they move on me like a puppy in need of  rescue , so I jump in by fixing his hair the best I can.

" I'll wait outside." And she storms like a thunder out of the door.

I grab Harry's hands but he catches me out of guard.

" Are you mad at me?" He wonders while I soften at his delicate tone.

I shake my head, but he seems sceptical, as if I could change my mind any moment. So I turn him around and push him towards the staircase.

" C'mon, Philip is waiting for you. You'll make a wonderful couple." Harry doesn't get it, he looks at me puzzled and I can't help but giggling hard as he joins the other girls and boys.

" Jade?" Harry calls out as I turn my back to head to servants quarters.

" Yes?"

" Will you be waiting for me?" And just like that, I do something I haven't done since the death of my father.

I raise my pinkie and bend it a little as I say. " I promise."

It's useless to say that, even though everybody is wearing their finest outfits, Harry stands out like he is the heart of the ocean and the rest of them just transparent shiny stones. Glittery for sure, but not as beautiful.

***

Once I finish my shift, Harry takes me to his place despite my protests since I need to study and we just spend the rest of the night drinking coke in wine glasses while we watch Modern Family. We eventually fall asleep on the couch ,tangled, with empty glasses and full hearts.

When we wake up, my hair is so messy it looks like I wrestled my way out of a cactus forest. I'm tired beyond imagination yet happy. I drag myself to the kitchen and start making breakfast.

Harry steps into the room with a loud groan while taking the kettle off and pouring us two cups of lemon tea as I get the pancakes.

As we get our seats, everything comes hitting me like a train.

" I need to go visiting my mother. I promised I would have dropped by." Harry nods, scrolling through his phone while sipping his tea.

" I'll take you, no problem." I lean in and peek at his phone, pretending I'm not interested in the slightest. He's watching the pictures from last night that somebody sent to him. I spot him staring at one in particular with this girl in a white feathers dress and flirty manners. I snort and look away. Men.

We finally get ready to go out and leave for my mother's house. It's a two hours' drive, spent in awkward silence while Harry tries to lighten up the mood with some news he read this morning and I just grunt along getting more and more frustrated because he doesn't have a clue.

I knock on my mother's door just as Harry's receives a phone call and has to excuse himself. The door swings open and I'm greeted by this very awesome and very tall man who is all smiles and teeth. It startles me seeing a stranger into my house, but I force myself to stay calm and be more diplomatic as possible.

"Who the hell are you?"

Here lies all the good intention.

"Oh Jade?" My mother comes rushing in, she's red and over her beautiful eyes is cast a veil of uncertainty and guilt, hard to be mistaken.

'' I didn't know you'd come." She apologizes and I can't help but being furious.

"That is clear."