》Chapter Thirty-Three.

Edited by: _Rose

''Who says I can't have everything I want?'' I ask and actually move up to search for his eyes, I make sure he can see the sadness into my own.

''Surely with your employment you can't buy new cars, or phones or even a new dress, for what matters. You have to spare that money for college while I can have it all without sacrificing anything.''

''Have you ever thought that maybe, I am not interested in those futile things? That perhaps I value the power of knowledge more than a new pair of boots?" Harry eyes me carefully, silently praying me not to speak too much but I just can't stop. I'm so mad I don't even care anymore.

''You mean you're happy being a common peasant that no one knows about?'' Harry mocks me and I squeeze the glass in my hands.

''Better being a plain girl known by few, than a clown known by everyone. No offence.'' I fire back without looking at Harry, causing Niall to silently giggle. Liam on the other side doesn't hold back his enthusiasm.

''Wow, feisty. I like this girl already!'' He claps and throws a broccoli at Harry. ''She kicked your ass, go home Styles. She won everything.''

Harry rolls his eyes and Niall leans in causing both, me and Harry, to look at him. He just reaches for the wine and I start talking to him ignoring everybody else. The one I get along a lot with, is Zayn. We have the same opinion on basically everything. He told me he went to college and is now working and since he trades precious wares, knowing more languages, helps him getting the best deals without being tricked.

Once we finished eating, Niall propose to go chilling in the Jacuzzi he has outside and everybody agrees, everybody but me.

''There's no problem at all. We're equipped for situations like this, in fact you will find some bikini in the pool-house.'' I try to protest but Niall just shush me and literally grabs me by the hand leading me in the tiny outhouse.

'' Leave her alone Niall, perhaps our habits aren't enough 'peasant' for her.'' Harry blatantly blurts and Niall snorts fuming from his nostrils.

'' Maybe you're too much of a dick-head to be my best friend!'' He shouts back when Harry is already gone. Niall then lands his eyes on me noticing my confusion and rushes to explain.

'' He's just... He's so confusing, you know? He's a good guy with so many fucked up contrasting ideas in that head of his. He just thinks too much.'' He ends and excuse himself before leaving me alone in the room.

''I couldn't have said it better Niall.'' I mumble as he closes the door behind him.

I pick the bigger I can find, a red one-piece swimsuit, mentally thanking God for shaving this morning. I step out of the bathroom uncomfortably pulling at the lower part of my swimsuit to cover as much behind as I can and fix the little stripes that are intertwined on my back and half cover my stomach. I bend to gather my stuff however when I get up, I find Harry staring at me. I cross my arms around me and lower my gaze while I get out. As I pass next to him, I hear him loudly gulping down, and I check if he's okay only to catch sight of his hands reaching his crotch to give it a little squeeze. I awkwardly stare in front of me embarrassed till no end.

''You could have come naked!''  he simply utters jogging to meet me up. '' Oh wait. You already are.'' I scoff and decide one thing: I have nothing to envy to those girls in the pool. Yes they all have a beautiful body, but who says I don't?
So finally, I do something for myself, I just uncross my arms from my chest and raise my chin.

''You don't have the guts to let them see you like this.''

I paint a smile on my lips and just provocatively lift my eyes to meet his.