》Chapter Twelve.

Edited by: _Rose

I am so dizzy,my head falls on the pillow the second I try to lifting it up.I growl and stare into nothing for what looks like forever before sighing and extending my hand out to get my phone. I've barely slept, I am so exhausted, I can't keep my eyes open. Everything in the house is silent, even my heart seems dead after what happened last night. I pass a finger on the screen and re-read the message.

Unknown: You know what they say of God? He can watch you without being seen.

A cold shiver runs from the bottom of my spine up to my shoulder causing me to startle and let the phone fall on the mattress before turning around and ignore it.

Who could this be? What could they want from me?

Perhaps it's just a creep who got the wrong number, nothing more.

***

I change into my new uniform and get to work. I clean the bathrooms and start folding clothes. The pile looks so endless but I don't mind, it keeps my mind off from the massage. I just hope it's the only one I'll receive for the rest of my life because I couldn't take any more.

'' Jade?'' Missus Alice's voice comes from behind the door and I straighten up immediately, still with a pair of jeans half folded in my hands.

'' Yes, Missus?''

'' I have a new thing for you to do, hoping you won't disappear or kill yourself in the process.'' she sarcastically states raising her eyebrow while she stares at me.

'' Sure, Miss.''

'' There is the library to clean up. The sun is up so you'll just need to pull the curtains and dust the books. You must keep your hands for yourself. You can't touch any of them or sit on the couch to read. You are here to fulfil your tasks, not to enjoy yourself.'' She scolds me as if she could read my mind and I nod, attentive. I honestly can't wait to give a look around.

She leads us to the second floor and open the last door to the right before turning the lights on.

The place is huge, beautiful. There are books everywhere and they all look both ancient and expensive. My heart races with so much excitement, I start smirking uncontrollably.

'' You'll find all you need in that cupboard under the largest windows. Don't take too long."

Missus Alice leaves the room and I adventure in. While I walk, my hurt foot runs up against something long and I roll to the ground hitting my head.

'' Oh Jesus.'' I push myself up and sit to the ground massaging my sore face.

I sigh and look to my left, just to catch sight of what has made me fallen.

I jump back when I spot a mass of chocolate curls peeking out from a book that is pressed against his face. I don't need to uncover his face to know it's him, I can smell his cologne perfectly. I wonder how in hell did he manage not to wake up after my loud entrance.

He is a heavy sleeper, luckily for me.

I get up, careful to not move too much or wake him up. I open the windows, letting the cold air come in and start dusting the place.

I feel like a spy, moving on my tiptoes trying not to wake the beast. I giggle at that; Harry doesn't look like a monster, to be honest. He's really beautiful and, even as snobby as he is, I can still see the beauty in him.

I hear him startle, something falls to the ground, the book most likely and i peek in his direction. He's shivering slightly, now half turned on his side, holding his body in his arms. He's cold. He looks so little as he squeezes himself to keep the warmness from getting away.