》Chapter Thirty-One.

Edited by: _Rose

''You can take all your stuff today, since you're already here. I'll have your pay-check being sent to your address as soon as possible.'' I choke into my own saliva and cough till I can finally speak.

''Wait! Missus Alice, just wait. I beg you.'' She stops strolling away and turns slowly towards me, her arms impatiently crossed over her chest in clear annoyance.

''Why are you doing this to me? I had to go for a good reason, I would have never left my workplace for anything in this world.''

''I don't doubt you have your own good reasons, Jade. I'm sorry girl, but you need to grow up and this will surely serve the case.'' She closes her dark eyes and, after a sharp breath, leaves the corridor. I stay behind watching her get away with my future and my hopes.

With nothing else left to say or do, I make my way back to the servant's quarters and gather my things before heading out. I find myself waiting for someone by the gates of the Styles' residence without realizing that no one is going to pick me up. So I take a deep breath and just move a foot after the other with my headphones on and a heavy heart.

It takes me one hour to get to the first bus station and another to finally reach my house. I place the box with my personal effects on the floor, greeting Roy who comes jumping towards me, literally attacking me. In the middle of our little fight though, the doorbell rings and I freeze.

''Who's there?'' I hesitantly ask with my voice trembling.

''It's me, Jade.'' Louis' states with his British thick accent and in a moment the panic turns into rage and I slam the door open feeling every inch of my body burning. I simply stay there, knowing that my silence will strike more than every word I could ever say to him.

''Hi!'' He smiles and crinkles pop by his eyes, I roll mine and lean against the frame arms crossed.

''Can I come in?'' He awkwardly inquires and I notice a drop of sweat at the corner of his temple making its way down. Roy barks loudly and attempts to attack Louis throwing his body forward. I catch him by the collar and force him to the ground gently confining his back with my legs.

''Easy, big boy, easy.'' Roy doesn't tear his eyes away from Louis, instead he shows him his set of long and sharp fangs causing the little boy to panic a bit.

''What is he doing here?'' I advert the authority in his voice and raise an eyebrow to warn him. Louis catches the hint and licks his lips to start again.

''I mean, this is Harry's dog...why are you keeping it?'' Louis scoffs and shakes his head energetically. '' There's no other way to ask it, Jade. Let's pretend I've said it politely, please?'' He falls short and I let him inside, without looking at him or saying a word.

''Jade, I know you're mad at me-'' a mocking laugh escapes my lips but I force it down my throat. Saying I'm mad it's honestly bullshit, I'm so pissed I want to rip his head off.

'' Okay, more than mad. But just, hear me out.'' I open my mouth to fire back, butLouis cuts me off. '' I know I have no right to ask you this, please. I'll be quick. I know you have lost your job.'' My eyes squeeze in pain at the memory and his gaze suddenly softens noticing how bad I feel about it. '' I'm sorry for that, I will make her changing her mind about you, I promise. I'll think of something.''

''I don't want anyone's pity, Louis!'' I spit narrowing my gaze around his feature. ''Especially not yours!'' I specify.

''I'm not pitying you, I know you don't like that.''

''I thought you didn't know me at all? I'm the attention-whore, remember? Not your sweet Jade who cared so much about you to leave her workplace and help you with that car which for the record could have also killed you.'' I neatly bite back and Louis silences for a moment.