》Chapter Twenty-Six.

Edited by: _Rose

'' Jade!'' Louis joins me and grabs me by the shoulders making me spinning so that now we're eyes to eyes. I don't meet his gaze though, focusing on the floor and biting my lower lip.

'' What's wrong? What's going on? Did something happen?'' Louis inquires and I shake my head still not speaking.

'' Are you okay, Jade?''

'' Everything is fine..'' I lie. '' I have work to do, I'll call you after I've finished. Don't worry about me Louis, it's fine. I swear.'' I lift on my toes and kiss his cheek. I smile at him again and slowly stroll to the top of the stairs. I don't know where Harry is, however he is the only person who knows and can help me. He must be hurt and I know he's hiding from me, I would not bother him if it wasn't an important matter.

It takes a lifetime to get on the other side of the maze and finally reaching his tiny little shelter. I knock on the door, hearing the barking of Roy soon after. Maybe I am wrong and Harry is not here. Maybe he went out. I feel adrift, hopeless and scared, until I hear a noise and I instantly know the house is not uninhabited. Harry is in, he just doesn't want to open up. Not that I can blame him.

'' Harry. I know you're there.'' I lick my dry lips, not ready to see him again at all.

''Please let me in. I know I don't have any right to be here after the things I've said to you and I'll understand if you don't want to see me, but I have to try. I need your help, please Harry. I promise I'll let you be, I just-''The lump in my throat is so tight I can barely open my mouth to let out the words. I can't stop though; I need to persuade him. I knock repentantly on the door, trying to wake him up but nothing seems to work.

'' Harry, I beg you. I need your help. Please.'' I close my eyes to keep myself in control of the situation.'' I need you.'' I whisper, focusing on the sound in the room. Nothing can be heard though.

'' Jade?'' Harry's voice questions from behind me and I jump crushing against the door in surprise. He's holding a Starbuck in his long fingers and his green eyes are staring at me with a puzzled expression that makes me think he hasn't heard a single word of what I've said.

'' Harry..'' I murmur like this was the most beautiful word in the world causing him to raise an eyebrow at me in confusion.

'' What are you even doing here?'' He inquires and I pace till I'm in front of him, my heart racing for the closeness.

'' I need to ask you a favour-'' His loud laugh catches me off of guard and I shut up immediately. I shouldn't be surprised by his reaction, but I am. He looks so heartless, I feel like a fool holding on into a blind hope.

'' I'm sorry, you lost that privilege the second you told me to fuck off and leave you alone for good!" I sigh and bow my head. He's right, I know he is.

He sips his coffee and nonchalantly walks past me, I cringe and sense my brain fuming with ideas, scenarios or excuses. I can't find anything that could make him changing his mind.

'' Harry!'' He stops by the door and turns his head eyeing me from his shoulder with the straw still in his lips. I don't need to say a word, he just drops his hand from the knob and stares into me.

'' Please.'' I add really in need.

'' Why would I want to help you? Do enlighten me Jade. Why do I have to swallow all the bad things you have said to me and just give you a hand. You don't deserve it, you wanted me out of your life only two hours ago and now that I finally complied your request, you're back knocking at my fucking door. You even have the guts to say that I'm the one who's fucked up?'' My chest spasms under the trueness of his speech and I simply stay there watching my feet.