》Chapter Seventy-One

Edited by: _rose

Harry's Pov.

"Is this really necessary?" I say stomping my feet impatiently as Karen reappears from the bathroom wearing a short dress that barely covers her and heavy make up around her eyes.

" It is." She pulls her hair behind in a ponytail and then wraps it in a chignon before wearing a blonde wig.

"How do I look?" I can't really say, it's odd but at the same time so natural on her. The way the fake strands fall on her chest in harmony with her dress is insane. She almost appears like another person.

" Different." She passes a bright red lipstick on her lips, then she is finally done. 

"That's the whole point. I don't want them to recognize me. There aren't many red-head in the business and I was pretty famous at the time." I roll my eyes and urge her to hurry up. She comes closer to fix my tie and hair, lightly touching me.

"Tell me again, what do they do to these parties?" She lifts the corner of her lips slightly then starts playing with her silver bracelet.

" Mostly just showing the merchandizing-"

" Don't talk like that, please." I can't stand the fact that she talks about Jade like an object that is going to be sold.

" Alright, they show the girls to any future buyer. Usually there is a lot of money flowing around during these parties and to get inside you'll need a special invitation and a secret word." I panic and almost start to yell at her for not telling me sooner but she hushes me taking out a card from her backpack.

" I got the card and the word."

" How?" I inquire, sure as hell she is hiding a lot of things from me.

" Let's just say somebody owed me a favour."

" Anyway, all you have to do is showing confidence, acting like you've been there tones of times. Remember to always talk about the girls as Ianfu which is the Japanese name for sex slave or something. Don't do the puppy eyes, they'll eat you alive. Pretend you have lots of money that are ready to set sail and you'll have all the information you want. Don't ask directly about Jade, she probably has changed name and they won't know anything about it. Try to describe the type of woman you want as Jade and they will pass the word. Don't talk to any of the girls, it's considered disrespectful unless they present you one of them." I nod,taking in all the information. Is this a party or a declaration of war? There are too many rules for a hidden society, they truly are afraid of getting caught.

" What's the secret word?"

" Rain." I find it kind of odd for a password but then again nothing about those people is normal so I guess it's fine.

Karen forces me to leave my car parked into a garage not far away and rent a red Jaguar E-Type that I've always looked with languid eyes but never bought because I didn't like asking my father for money all the time.

" This car will show them you got money. Put some personal items inside so it won't look rented." I do as she says and then heading to this Crown Palace. It's all covered in neon lights, making everything look so fancy, there's even a valet who comes and takes my car keys. I help Karen out of the car, she points to a mask in her hand. I tie the strings and she shrugs at my confused glare.

" We aren't allowed to show our faces unless it's to our owner." This is getting creepier and creepier. I can't imagine how scared Jade is, I'm just hoping she is safe and sound. 

Karen has a sad smirk on her face while we walk to the entrance. I'm a bit nervous, sweeting from my neck as I approach the bodyguard. I get closer to his ear like everybody else is doing and say the word, waiting for the worst to come. He lifts the rope and lets us in. I breath out as soon as we pass him and Karen squeezes my arm before starting to look around.