》 Chapter Fourty-Three

Edited by: _rose

'' Missus Alice? There must be some kind of mistake, because it's still 4.am and I usually get to work around 5.am." I try to explain but she starts barging on and on about how impudent and inconsiderate I am then she abruptly stops going quiet for a moment.

'' Oh dear, I did warn you that today the Styles are gonna give a party, didn't I?" We both know the answer so she wastes no time apologizing or explaining, she only tells me: '' I'll wait you in half a hour, don't be late"' she hangs up, just like that.

'' What?'' I mutter and the phone falls from my hands. Jesus Christ!

I jump on the bed to wake Harry, God knows how long it will take, so i better start now.

***

When I get to the Styles' residence, Missus Alice is waiting for me at the gates, she doesn't let her judgemental look going unnoticed. I'm too tired to care, so I just get off the car, waving at Harry and walking towards her.

'' You're late, like always Jade." I supress the urge to roll my eyes and apologize instead.

''We need to get to work, we can't waste any time. The gardens have to be fixed before sundown."

'' Why am I the only one working here?'' I inquire and she blushes. I didn't know Missus Alice could blush, it's surprising.

" We have an emergency, they decided to throw a ball without any notice, so we need to arrange everything. The rest of the employees are in the house cleaning."

'' Oh Lord, but can I go home early if I help with the gardens?" I innocently ask and Miss Alice rolls her eyes, eventually agreeing with me.

'' Now, enough with the questions and let's start or we'll never be ready for tonight!"

I've never seen her so stressed out and panicked as today. It's fun to witness her on the verge of a crisis, at the end she's human too.

We cleaned everything without resting a single moment. Now that the party was just few hours away, we were so tired, we could barely hold on our feet.

I let myself fall on one of the sofas in the darkest corner of the house and close my eyes for a moment, letting them resting a bit. I am so tired; I can't feel my own skin.

'' Jade?'' I hear a voice call for me. It's a familiar voice, it's soft and silky. I can't manage to wake up properly; I just moan to let them know I've heard the call. Suddenly two strong hands grab me from the couch and tenderly lift me up. I instinctively hang my limbs around a neck that smells like a forest in a spring day and fall deep asleep, feeling too comfortable to bother.

***

I awake God knows when, finding myself in an elegant room on a very comfy bed with cashmere sheets engulfing my body.

I stir a bit and take a look around. I still have my uniform on and surely I'm still at the palace, I know the wallpaper by hand. Whose room is this though?

My question find its answer when I spot the owner pulling a blouse on his tanned body and panic because that, surely isn't Harry.

" Hello my darling!'' Zayn greets me closing the shirt over his marble chest.

'' You finally awoken. I was getting worried about you.'' I rub my palms over my eyes but when I open them again, Zayn is still there and he is still getting dressed in a tux.

''Why...am I here?'' I wonder, unintentionally attacking Zayn.

'' I brought you myself. You fell asleep on the sofa and since the place is gonna be crowded, I couldn't bring myself to leave you so unharmed at the mercy of foreign eyes.'' He winks at me and passes his tie around his neck, struggling quite a deal to make a respectable knot.