Trust

~{Chapter 45}~*This chapter is based on after "Season 5, Episode 18" when Dreamer🌀tells Brainy that she doesn't trust him anymore! Then She spotted him with Lex and followed them to an abandoned warehouse. he sees her in danger Brainy tells Nia everything when helping her up from falling to death. I hope you like it, Enjoy!*

*A few days later*
*2:00 p.m.*
Dreamer told Brainy she couldn't trust anymore him because he was working with Lex Luthor behind her back which made her really mad! Today she was off from work and also had a lead on Lex and informed Kara and the others to investigate but they were busy. So Nia had to go solo on this one then suited up for this fact-finding Mission! She was on top of her apartment building looking for anyone suspicious... until she spotted Brainy with Lex and saw them get into a black car and drive off to who knows where... Dreamer quickly followed after them by jumping from rooftop to rooftop with her phone🌀cord lasso✨to keep her balance.

*An hour later*
She stopped jumping from building to building with her dream🌀energy✨lasso and landed on the ground as she saw Lex and Brainy make a stop at an old warehouse that used to store weapons for the DEO but it went out of business 10 years ago... "So, what was Lex and Brainy doing here anyway?" Nia questioned herself. they got out of the car and went inside she followed them inside quietly and sneaked around to not be seen. Once the coast was cleared Dreamer summoned dream🌀energy✨into her hand to be a light🔆to guide her through the dark to find clues. Then, She noticed a room to the right but it was giving her "bad vibes" like Rama Khan's staff did before the DEO got destroyed. Nia walked into the room and saw newspapers📰 of herself on the wall as Dreamer🌀, the "Superfriends", Leviathan, Rama Khan, the DEO, Catco, Obsidian North, Gemma Copper, Adrea, shadow👁‍🗨staff, and a shadow amulet📿.

She wondered what Lex was planning and why was Brainy involved... "Nia," Brainy said softly behind in shock to see Dreamer🌀here and he couldn't help but smile at her a bit. She turned around to see Brainy but Lex wasn't with him. "You shouldn't be here. Dreamer," he said concerned if Lex finds Nia here he'll kill her. Brainy couldn't let that happen so he had to lie to keep her safe as much as he hated it! Nia scoffed rolling her eyes annoyed at him. "Why are you working with Lex? Before you ask how I know. My dream✨led me here and I saw You in it. So I followed you and Lex here to find some answers," Nia explained upset why she was there crossing her arms and glaring at Brainy angrily. She knew he wasn't going to tell her anything! But she wanted to give Brainy a chance to explain himself.

Brainy didn't know what to say and wished he could tell Nia but he couldn't. "I can't tell you that. I'm sorry. Nia," Brainy said apologizing for not telling her even though he was only trying to protect her. in the end, he hurt her. She was upset with Brainy for not being honest with her again. "Can't? Or won't. I told you before that I don't trust you anymore... but this is really crossing the line Brainy! You're a completely different person now," Dreamer shouted out feeling betrayed. He got closer to her letting out his feelings. "Nia, just let me explain. I-I..." Brainy said softly but she stepped away keeping her distance from him. Dreamer screamed. "No. I don't want to hear it! you stay away from me," She said upset running away from Brainy and looking for an exit. But He chases after her before Lex finds Dreamer🌀here!

"Nia! Dreamer," Brainy said to her as his voice echoed around her... Nia gasped as she closed her eyes and had a dream flash taking her back to the night🌃Brainy broke up with her, also last week when the DEO was destroyed, and today too. "Get out of my head, You jerk!" Dreamer said out loud to herself then opened her eyes and saw where she was... on a metal railing walkway as it looked old and rusty.
Nia panicked when Brainy was getting close to her as she kept backing away and then tripped over a metal wiring on the railing! She screamed again about to fall through the floor but Brainy caught her just in time grabbing her hand before she fell as Dreamer's other hand was holding onto the railing. Then she refused to let go and didn't want him💚to save her because Nia was brave enough to save herself! She looked at him and heard him say. "Dreamer, let go of the railing and grab my other hand... so I can pull you up," Brainy suggested urgently so he wouldn't lose her after everything he had done to protect Nia Nal and couldn't possibly lose her now...