Chapter 4: Tragedy

United States of America / Louisiana / Evening

It was evening that day in her world, her mother was preparing to go shopping somewhere in the state of Louisiana but that day it will change Ashley's life forever.

Valentina: Ashley ill be back! Im heading to the mall I need to buy some things.

Ashley: Mother do you need me to come with you?

Valentina: Nah... is only a few things I shall not be there for too long so its going to be quick.

Ashley: Well.... Stay safe out there and be careful driving.

Valentina: Oh I will don't worry! You stay here and continue work and learn to dismantle your Barret 50, your uncle wants you to learn that.

Ashley: I will fine, but be careful driving because its late alright.

Valentina: I will darling, do not worry about me.... Stay here ill be back very soon.

She went to her garage and entered her own vehicle and turn it on and drove away. In her world they have a calendar like we do, our Dracoria Year is 1012 after the Human-Dragon war and her own world is the year 2023. Advanced they are and very resilient. One hour passed and her mother is driving on a highway heading to one of the counties of the state as she continues driving tragedy happens...... She sees a bright headlight from a car heading to her direction quite fast but it was too late for her to make an evasive maneuver and the car collided with her that completely destroyed hers from the force of impact. She was heavily injured and the other driver exited his own vehicle with his hands on his head in desbilief what he has done as he made a major crime in this nation and I could say the same he mess things up. Several others stopped by and called with their phone 9-1-1 which for my understanding is the emergency dispatch unit on her world. Few minutes later the police and ambulance arrived at the scene and the driver that collided with Valentina was subject to do a DUI Test and the police saw the driver has a concentration of 0.45 of alcohol.

Agent: Sir, you are under arrest now.

Driver: Wait why!?

Agent: Your DUI test appeared 0.45 above the limit. You committed a crime in the state of Louisiana. (Turning the man and arresting him)

The officer puts the man on his vehicle and the ambulance carried Valentina but it was too late as she died at the scene. Then Ashley hears her ring bell as she thinks her mother arrived and she went to open the door but it wasn't her mother but two police officers.

Ashley: Oh! Officers this is unexpected! What can I do for you?

Officer One: Are you Ashley Sanders?

Ashley: Yes I am... Im confuse, whats going on?

Officer Two: Well the situation is quite complicated as we want to inform you.... Your mother was a victim of a fatal accident.

Ashley: WHAT!? WHERE IS SHE!?! IS SHES FINE!?!

Officer One: Im sorry.... She died at the-

She collapsed screaming and crying before the officer finished the sentence as she is now on pain and grief. Days later the man is found guilty of several charges including a homicide and negligent driving under the influence. He is set to go to prison for 30 years. Ashley received a message from her uncle.

[Uncle Sebastian Text]

Niece.... I heard the news of your mother.... Im so sorry to heard this.