Chapter 17: Verax's Vengeance

Unclaimed Territories / Abandoned Outpost / Evening

Over ten dragons are approaching the area and they see the outpost and the High Elves started shooting at them with magic fire balls spells. We decided to go diving towards them and started spiting fire on the building burning everything. I use my storm surge spell and electrocute several High Elves killing them instantly.

Verax: (Dodging several fireballs) Where is she!?

Princess Syleth: (Breath attacking several High Elves on a building and burned them all) On that fortress!!

King Draco: Lets attack it!!

Verax: No!! I go alone! You all attack here! this has to be my moment of vengeance! Ill recue her don't worry! (He went to the fortress)

Varath: At least he is trying to rectify his mistake.

Princess Syleth: He has my respect! Come on lets finish the job!

They continue burning the outpost and I went by myself towards the abandoned fortress and I see some of them shooting fireballs at me, one hit me but it was nothing and I cast a storm spell and spit several guided electric balls at several targets and all hit them.

Ashley: (Seeing everyone running to engage as she is on a pit with drakes)

Drake 1: (Snarling) Lets eat her later.

Drake 2: We can! Lets help our friends first! Maybe is some humans trying to rescue her.

The drakes left the pit as they follow the elves and now she is all alone bleeding badly and abused heavily, she couldn't even stand. From my perspective im seeing more elves exiting the entrance of the fortress and im spitting fire after fire at them burning everyone from above and I decided to sense where she is.

Verax: (Sensing ability to find where she is and he sense her) I found you my girl!!

I proceed to charge towards one part of the fortress and destroyed one section of the structure and I entered the torturing chamber on the first floor and I see her on the ground crying suffering as she is dying.

Ashley: (In pain) Ve...Verax??

Verax: (Went to her to calm her down) Shhh Is okay im here to get you out of here! (Hears footsteps and sees several elves and he went in defensive position protecting Ashley) (Draconic growl) YOU WONT TOUCH HER!!!!

High Elves: "We will see about that dragon!!"

Verax: (Breath attacking them and proceed to grab Ashley gently and flew away carrying her) I got you! Everything is going to be alright!!

She passed out and went blank, she is now unconscious from the intense pain she went through thanks to me... something I would never want to happen.

Verax: Ashley!? Dammit!! Princess!! Destroy the fortress! I got her!

Princess Syleth: Well done Verax!! All units! Attack at will!! Verax return back home now!

Verax: Yes Princess!

So I did, I went back home and heading to my cave, I think I had enough for today. One hour passed and I arrived to my cave and I place her gently on a flat stone I never use but it was big enough for her. All I did was wait for the Princess to arrive here so she can heal her, i gently pat her head once i place her down and I was sad and completely in regret for everything i had done to her.

Verax: (Tears fell) I'm sorry girl.... I'm so sorry for everything.... I was such a beast to you, I promise ill take care of you....