Chapter 41: Dragon Rider Training

Southern Islets / Skies / Morning / One day later

It was the next day after the Xantarian Forerunners attacks against Firewall and Mirnevir is alone flying with Amilda as he is showing her some flight training first.

Mirnevir: (Spread wings as he is gliding steady) Now, yesterday it was easy! So today I want you to let go your fear of highs. And in doing so we must do the free fall tests.

Amilda: Free fall!? Why??

Mirnevir: Because its part of the test! As you become my rider you must learn to let go off your fears! You aren't going to die, are you ready for this??

Amilda: (Deep breath) I will do this because I trust you will save me.

Mirnevir: Of course I will! Lets go higher. (He flaps his wings harder and started heading way above the clouds) This high should be way enough! Are you ready?

Amilda: (Looking down and she is scared) Oh gods! I cant look down!

Mirnevir: Amil..... At first you will fear the highs but once you do this your fear will vanish! This test its about trust between me and you. Come on you can do this!

Amilda: (Looking down) Please catch me fast!

Mirnevir: I will! Now deep breath and jump off. Remember spread your arms and legs so you fall slow.

Amilda: Is that a thing!?

Mirnevir: Yes! Your arms and legs will create friction with the air and it will slow your falling velocity! Ill be beside you. Now on my mark.....

Amilda: (Deep breath and she is getting ready) Okay...... Okay I can do this....

Mirnevir: Trust me..... you are not going to die...... Jump in 3.......2.........1...... Now!

Amilda proceed to jump off from Mirnevir and she is started to panic for a bit and seconds later he was beside her dive bombing at the same velocity as her.

Mirnevir: (Beside her diving down and hearing her panicking) Hey!! Hey!! Amilda!!

Amilda: Mirnevir!!! Im so scared!!!

Mirnevir: Relax!! Let your arms and legs do the friction!! Spread them and calm down!!

Amilda: (Spreading arms and she is falling from her back) I cant turn myself to look down!!

Mirnevir: Come on girl!! Retract one of your arms to turn your body upside down!

Amilda: (Turning and she did it but still freaking out somewhat) Im still nervous!!

Mirnevir: Girl!! Look at me!!

Amilda: (The two passed the first clouds while still falling and she looks at him)

Mirnevir: You wont die..... Im here with you.... Lets try this again. (Moves close to her and grabbed her with his claws and proceed to head back again) You panicked Amil.... You cannot panic when you are riding me.

Amilda: (Being carried with him) Im sorry Mir! Im sorry for even panicking! I was scared!!

Mirnevir: Its normal Amilda, this is your first time! But you will get use to it! (He is now high above) Now.... lets do this again. I will drop you on my mark..... Ready?

Amilda: (Calming down and seeing the vastness of cloud fields) Im ready.....

Mirnevir: 3.......2........1....... (Drops her)