Chapter 43: Locking

Overseer Chamber / Locking target

Several alert alarms are sounding and the Overseer is now tracking the Asteroid Class B heading to Dracoria and is in its closest approach to the planet's perimeter its currently at 25,000 miles above the atmosphere.

[Female AI Voice] Asteroid Impact in 1 Hour and 30 minutes. Possible Devastation: Total Global Extinction.

Elvan: Lock on the target now.

[Female AI Voice] Locking Asteroid....... Target Lock

Elvan: (Making calculations in his holograms) Activate Cannon Platform 03 and 09

[Female AI Voice] Powering Quantum's Reactors........ Diverting power to Platform 03 and Platform 09 initiated.

Elvan: (Looking at the Hologram projecting the asteroid and its trajectory course to Dracoria) For Dracoria's Life.

[Female AI Voice] Raising Platforms in 4 minutes counting....... Firing in 15 Minutes.

Elvan: (Contacting Sarayah) Custodian you there??

Sarayah: (Responding hail) Elvan! Im detecting you activated some of the cannons on your world! Is that asteroid coming?

Elvan: Yes! Platform 03 and 09 will rise very soon and I command that those platforms use their 3 main cannons.

Sarayah: Very good! The two Platforms needs to use all the 3 cannons to take down this asteroid, my worry is after we destroy it.

Elvan: Yeah all the fragmentation will do some damage but not quite catastrophic.

Sarayah: Whats important is we need to destroy it, a Class B can wipe out all life on the planet.

Elvan: Ill activate the shield generator on our most important facilities on this planet. Im sure many will see a huge meteor shower.

Sarayah: Most likely, ill be watching this from my fortress and if something fails Ill send several ships to engage it. I have several destroyers ready just in case.

Elvan: Thank you Custodian! At least is a plan b, we haven't use these weapons over a thousand of years so I hope they work.

Sarayah: We shall see Elvan, ill be disconnecting from the hail. May Akardia Stars give us success! (She disconnects)

It was the day of our world's fate and the day that will change our views of the Xantarian Forerunners as the protectors of all life.