Chapter 21: Exploring

Unclaimed Regions / Southern Islets / Morning

It was morning and I wake up and i put my nostril close to her face.

Verax: Hows sleep----

Ashley: (Jumped) Damn! Verax you scared the hell out of me! Why you do that! (Laughing)

Verax: (Draconic purr!!) Because I want-

Ashley: (Shivers down from her spine) Did you just purr at me!?

Verax: (Teasing) Maybe? I don't know....

Ashley: (Smiling at him and looks at the cavern) Look at the place! Is so beautiful!

Verax: (Stood up) Want to explore around in those cave tunnels?

Ashley: Yes! I need a torch because I wont see much in the dark unlike you and I would freak out if I see you if I have no lights!

Verax: Why would you be scare of me?

Ashley: Because you have damn red glowing eyes! Your pupils glows!

Verax: Ah! One specialty of us is that we can see in the dark! (Draconic laugh) no worries, ill teach you a spell if you want.

Ashley: A spell??

Verax: Yes! I want to teach you casting a magic orb of light in your hands! You don't need torches for this.

Ashley: Alright! (sat on a rock) First lessons! Teach me this master!

Verax: (Draconic chuckled) Im going to love this for now on! (Went in front of her and sits) When it comes to magic you must focus and let the energy take you in. Don't think of anything else but only concentrate and focus. Now, what you are going to do is move your hand like this... and make these hand gestures (And a ball of light appeared on Verax hand claw palm)

Ashley: (Impressed) Just like that!?

Verax: Just like that my apprentice.... (Ball disappeared) Try it for yourself.

Ashley: Okay so I move my hand like this, im going to use my left one and finger gesture is suppose to be like this?? (Nothing happened)

Verax: No. You pause on the third gesture, you need to do it fast and remember this is the easiest magic spell so even children can learn this. Look at me again and I show you, look at my fingers. (Making gestures with his fingers and a ball appeared) Now memorize my movements.

Ashley: Okay.... I got this.... (Making gestures and nothing happened) But I did it like you!

Verax: You did the gesture too fast! And you forgot this one (One of the gesture she forgot) You need to cross this two fingers like touching each other.

Ashley: Auugh!! I forgot sorry!

Verax: Its alright, im here to teach you. Its training... Try again.

Ashley: (Making gestures and nothing happened) What did I do wrong this time?

Verax: You are not focusing my dear... Focus forget everything else.

Ashley: I was.... Nevermind

She was doing gestures after gesture and I keep showing her the spell trick how to do it and she did it the exact same way but nothing happens we stayed there for like twenty minutes and she is getting frustrated.

Ashley: (Hands in her head) Im so frustrated! Does my kind has the ability to learn magic or is because im from a different world??

Verax: Easy there... Humans can too learn magic just like this I forgot her name...Sara?