Chapter 18: A Second Chance

Firewall Kingdom / Verax's Cave / Morning / One day later

I was there talking with Syleth inside my home and explaining to me several thing she saw from the Crimson Dominion.

Verax: We can't allow them to harvest the monument!

Princess Syleth: We cannot but is now clear that The Eye is indeed a portal, Krex and Sarah confirmed me this yesterday.

Verax: (Draconic sighed) We failed her Princess.... I failed her....

Princess Syleth: (Looking at Ashley as she is still resting but healed) (Frustrated too) We all had Verax.... I shouldn't never be that hard on her when I met her.

Verax: Even I still don't like her kind.... I never want that to happen again... I need to help myself to control my emotions.

Princess Syleth: Verax remember... Humans are fragile, they are not strong in physical and you can injure them easily... Be careful with her please...

Verax: I will... I... I cannot believe im saying this.... Ill take care of her...

Princess Syleth: Please you must, she is your responsibility as your servant.

Ashley: (Waking up) Mmmhmm...

Verax: Girl!? Are you alright!?

Ashley: (Opened her eyes and she is now sitting on top of the rock as she no longer is sleeping) Why... am I in here??

Princess Syleth: I told Verax to bring you in here.

Ashley: Then I do not want to be here! I want to live someplace else now!

Verax: Ashley, please listen to-

Ashley: Verax!!! Quiet now!!! You endangered my life and you know that!!!

Verax: I know!! I know I did and im sorry!!

Ashley: Sorry!? Did you say sorry!? Motherfucker I ALMOST DIED THERE!!

Princess Syleth: Ashley!! Please treat your master with more respect! He saved your life!

Ashley: And that doesn't excuse him for what he did yesterday in the forest!!

Verax: Okay first of all I swear to all gods all I was trying to do yesterday was to scare you!! I didn't mean to harm you or killing you!!

Ashley: Oh now that was a joke!? You are going to go now like those idiots in my world saying "Oh it's a prank bro chill".... Verax you are a freaking twat!!

Princess Syleth: ASHLEY!! RESPECT YOUR-

Ashley: (Walks off and yelled) I HAVE NOTHING TO RESPECT HIM PRINCESS!!! AND IM TOO STILL MAD AT YOU FOR HOW TRASH YOU TREATED ME!! IM OUT OF HERE!! (She walked outside of the cave and went to the forest for a moment alone)

Princess Syleth: (Not knowing what to say) How dare she yell at me like that?

Verax: What can I say...... I suggest we should leave her alone for now.

Princess Syleth: Ill talk with Varath... He and her are becoming close friends and he is the voice of reason.

Verax: He always have been. Talk to him...

And she did, she left my home that day to talk with Varath... I remained there and I went to my own chambers high in the walls of my cave where Ashley cannot reach. She was on a river watching the water flow as it was relaxing for her to see and calming her down. Moments later she saw a shadow flew above the trees like a dragon flew by, seconds later Varath was behind her in his human form.