Chapter 12: Choosing a Master

Firewall Kingdom / Night / North Hallway

As the night is passing by, Varath took Ashley to one of the hallways of the Citadels and they see dragons from all kinds of colors and features and some humans walking around with them.

Ashley: So many dragons around here!

Varath: (Hands clasp in his back) This is the hallway where humans look for dragons that are offering jobs for them, as you can see many of them had humans.

Ashley: As long they don't get torture.....

Varath: (Looks at her while they are still walking) Ashley I wonder..... You say you know slavery in your world.... How bad it is?

Ashley: Is called Human trafficking Varath... a crime condemned by international laws, lots of people in my world suffer this on daily basis... that's why I was so worried about this.

Varath: We don't do theses type of stuff... We have laws in place that protect these humans, now I mention these humans and not you specifically because I agree in something about you.

Ashley: Which is what?

Varath: You are very different than most humans around here. You know you impressed King Draco earlier because you even had the courage and dared to raise your tone on him like you were his own master! No humans Ashley, no humans ive seen talking to him like that! Many fears him.

Ashley: Well! Of course I raised my tone! You guys do not know my capabilities of what I can do!

Varath: So whats your capabilities? You know combat? Do you have experience in sword fighting?

Ashley: Pffft!!! We no longer use sword fighting on my world.

Varath: Really? But do you guys have any weapons?

Ashley: You are literally seeing it right now on me.

Varath: (Sees her AR-15 on her back and the Barrett Case she is holding on her right hand) What are those??

Ashley: Things powered by gunpowder.

Varath: Huh? What kind of Powder is that?

Ashley: Oh boy you don't want to know but of course you guys will see it later on.

They continue walking but so far they are seeing most dragons have humans as the jobs are full. After their conversation, he has been asking several dragons if they need any other servants but most have the servants they need as some have two to three humans.

Varath: Im not sure if anyone else are offering jobs at the moment. They seem to have their human servants.

Ashley: So what are we going to do?

Varath: lets continuing looking around.

Ashley: Alright.

He continued walking and it was that day that my own life changed without me even realizing it because I come to know that I needed a servant that day.

Varath: (Looking at the distance) What in the gods!? Verax!?

Ashley: Verax?? Whos that?

Varath: Is that dark grey dragon in the end of the hallway! He is talking to some of the dragons back there.

Ashley: Okay and who exactly is that, like your friend?

Varath: He is, but is just... he has no good relation with humans at all but seeing him here? Did he have a change of heart?

Ashley: I do not feel great having someone that could be a danger to me.