Chapter 30: Days of Training

Southern Islets / Midday / First Lessons

I landed and she dismounted, and we went to the beach of our cavern as I'm about to train her.

King Verax: Ill be your master now, your first lessons will be practicing targets im about to cast. These will be magic avatars, let see how you do it for yourself.

Ashley: Alright im ready to learn!

King Verax: (Raised claw and talked) Gritx!! (A magical blue wall surrounded Ashley and its at least five meters wide) This will be our arena. Get your weapon and be prepare to fight your first targets.

Ashley: (Withdraws her sword)

The first target appeared like a translucent avatar and looks like her with her sword and both are ready to attack, she went to attack it and did several swings and manage to destroy it.

Ashley: That was easy?

King Verax: Because I set it up as a beginner target. Remember I want you to practice first before we move to the next levels of training. I know this is new for you since you use your projectile weapons but I want you to learn sword combat.

Ashley: (Nodded) Yeah.... I knew eventually I might have to learn to use a sword since ive arrive... Give me my second target!

Another one appears and went to her, it was going easy on her and she is clashing with her sword. For now she is using her sword two handed, she strikes it down.

King Verax: You are doing well... lets set the targets to be a little bit more..... offensive.

Another one appears and she did the same, she swings around and clashing with the avatar. She got stun and continues to fight it. She slash it and it disappeared.

King Verax: You are doing quite well girl! I saw you got slashed.

Ashley: I did! Right in my arm. I need to practice more so far im getting quite adapted with the sword.

King Verax: Lets do more targets and ill teach you some of my magic.

Two more targets appeared and she was fighting them all but of course this is beginner level, once I see her progressing more and more I might increase the difficulty of these avatars. She even took some slashes and I believe she might need new clothing with armor. She took down five avatars and she is taking a moment of break.

Ashley: (Stab sword on the sand and taking air for a moment) I think im ready for my next level master...

King Verax: No... you must continue practicing with your sword until I see you are ready to jump for the next difficulty.

Ashley: I swear im ready!

King Verax: Ashley no... I know what im saying to you!

Ashley: (Picks up her sword) Come on! I want to fight something more intense.

King Verax: (Sighed) Alright.... but I warned you. (One target appeared)

It went very offensive on Ashley and she was actually struggling with fighting it and it slashed her several times and she collapsed.

Ashley: (Hurt) Tssss!! Ouuu!!

King Verax: Ive warned you...

Ashley: You did that on purpose right!!

King Verax: Girl! That was apprentice level!! And you were fighting in beginner level before you wanted to jump to the next level! You need to practice more!