Chapter 20 Nest is a person

"Hello, Gu Xinghai?"

As if because he had just taken a shower, Ji Duo's voice had a hint of laziness, making it impossible to detect even a trace of his hatred for Gu Xinghai.

"Why are you looking for me, Mr. Ji?" The voice on the other end of the phone was a little blurry, but you could clearly hear the smile in his words.

Shi Ruan was extremely curious and hurriedly raised his little light gray ears.

Ji Duo had nothing to say to Gu Xinghai, but he glanced at the little cat, whose emotions were written all over his face and was eavesdropping seriously. The words "it was just a mistake" and "goodbye" that were already on his lips were swallowed.

After a long time, he said in a low voice, "Remember the past."

Before Gu Xinghai across from him had time to react, the kitten on the bed opened its pink mouth slightly, and Ji Duo even felt that he could see a hint of surprise on his pretty face like a little angel.

I don't know if it was an illusion, but Ji Duo felt that his kitten was a little too human sometimes.

"Reminiscing about old times? On the phone in the middle of the night?" The other person laughed heartily.

Ji Duo responded dully, his thin lips pursed impatiently.

The other person, like Shi Ruan, could not guess Ji Duo's emotions at all. He still joked: "At this point, I really thought you were calling me to inform me that I have been surrounded by killers and I should disarm quickly. Surrender and hand over your property, and don't make unnecessary struggles."

Seeing that Ji Duo was silent, Gu Xinghai laughed, changed his tone, and inquired without revealing anything: "Still, what did you do to Ruanruan?"

When Gu Xinghai said his first words, Ji Duo turned on his phone and threw it on the bed. He picked up a quick-drying towel and wiped his hair almost dry.

Hearing Gu Xinghai's obviously provocative words, Ji Duo didn't have any emotional fluctuations. He casually scratched the chin of the instigator kitten with his fingers.

It wasn't until Gu Xinghai mentioned "Ruanruan" that Ji Duo frowned, picked up the phone again, and hung up without hesitation.

Shi Ruan: "...?!"

I was very excited to hear it! Why did you hang up?

Shi Ruan secretly glanced at Ji Duo's face, which had obviously darkened, and felt bad.

They, they wouldn't seem to have lost their skin because of this phone call, right?

Mao Mao was a little worried and didn't care to lie down in the middle of the bed and sigh that the protagonist really knew how to do Tai Chi. He hurriedly walked to Ji Duo on his short legs and picked up the mobile phone in his hand.

"What? Do you still want me to say a few more words to him?" Ji Duo curled his lips and reached out to rub the little head of the cat who came forward.

"Meow--" Shi Ruan called softly with his throat raised, and then rubbed it into Ji Duo's extended palm, as if to express his approval.

Ji Duo felt the soft and warm touch in his palm, bit his back molar gently, then threw the phone on the desk, picked up the overwhelmed kitten, and sat back on the bed.

"Get some sleep with me first, and wait until I feel happy to do anything else," Ji Duo turned off the light.

As the incandescent light in the room suddenly disappeared, Shi Ruan's blue eyes suddenly lit up in the darkness: "..."