Chapter 25 Confused

Shi Ruan pressed his back tightly against the mottled brick wall and looked at the scene in front of him.

What's a bit ridiculous is that in such a dark and muddy place, the villain he once feared and feared stood in front of him without hesitation, protecting him and shielding him from the gangsters who looked ferocious on the outside but dirty on the inside.

The paint on the surface of the tubular object in Ji Duo's hand was peeling off and its shape was distorted. He probably just came to the depths of the alley unprepared and picked up a handy tool.

Huang Mao, who had been knocked down by Ji Duo, touched the blood on the back of his head. Not only was he not afraid, but he stood up with a ferocious smile.

He bowed and waved to his accomplices behind him, and the gangsters picked up the tools in their hands and spread out with the same smiles, surrounding Shi Ruan and Ji Duo in the crowd.

"What, what should I do?" Shi Ruan's voice trembled uncontrollably.

Although he knew that he was weak and could not reverse the situation no matter what he did, Shi Ruan looked at Ji Duo who was clenching his weapon in front of him and with veins popping out on his arms. He still instinctively grabbed the corner of Ji Duo's clothes and pulled him away. He pulled towards himself, trying to keep him away from those gangsters.

"Close your eyes," Ji Duo not only did not follow his strength to retreat, but instead took two steps forward and said solemnly towards Shi Ruan.

In this extremely tense environment, Shi Ruan looked at Ji Duo's eyes that were as deep and calm as before, feeling inexplicably confident. He nodded and obeyed Ji Duo's words almost unconsciously.

Shi Ruan knew that his unruly actions might cause trouble to Ji Duo, so listening to him was the best countermeasure.

Maybe Ji Duo really has some secret weapon that he can't show in front of his eyes?

Shi Ruan leaned against the brick wall and closed his eyes tightly. All kinds of horrible sounds roared in his ears, including the sound of weapons tearing the air, the sound of sharp objects cutting through the skin, and the sounds of excruciating pain. The shouts and screams, and the smell of blood penetrated directly into his nostrils.

The whole alley is like a hell on earth.

Shi Ruan clenched his fist tightly, and his brain turned on the automatic protection mode to soothe his emotions that were on the verge of collapse. He felt that Ji Duo's words "close your eyes" just now were playing in his mind, which really gave him some relief. It gave him great peace of mind.

Just when Shi Ruan felt like he couldn't help but want to open his eyes and rush forward, Ji Duo's indifferent and calm voice sounded in his ears like a light piercing the darkness——

"Okay, it's okay."

Shi Ruan carefully squinted his eyes and saw Ji Duo throwing the blood-stained tube in his hand on the ground, casually cutting off the fabric of his clothes with an unknown knife, and slowly wrapping it around his left hand .

The gangsters who harassed him just now were lying on the ground in a mess, covering some parts of their bodies and moaning in pain.

"Are you injured?" Shi Ruan looked at the blood dripping from Ji Duo's left arm. His heart felt as if someone had pinched him, and he felt like he couldn't breathe. "Let's call the police quickly."

"Calling the police can only arrest some people on the surface, so there is no point." Ji Duo casually shook the remaining blood on his arm, and the anger in his eyes suddenly became thicker. "If you want to arrest, arrest the person behind the scenes."