Chapter 31 Woo woo woo

"What could be going on? It's just like this all the time." Ji Duo was stunned for only a moment. He quickly and naturally picked up the chopsticks next to the dinner plate.

Ji Duo's rare vague speech made Shi Ruan feel something vaguely wrong.

Most of the time, Ji Duo was like a sharp blade glowing with cold light, plunging straight into the ice of the topic without hesitation, crisply and neatly. I had never seen him use any tact, let alone obscure the topic.

Shi Ruan hesitated for a while, and after silently reciting "high risk, high reward" and "hard work will win" several times in his mind, he dared to muster up the courage to look at Ji Duo's slightly lowered eyes and said carefully: "Isn't that right? Is Gu Xinghai making things difficult for you again?"

Seeing Ji Duo's fingers that suddenly stiffened, Shi Ruan felt a pinch of sweat for himself in his heart.

He also thought twice before deciding to ask sensitive questions about the male protagonist of this world. Because Gu Xinghai was so impeccable, he couldn't ask any useful information at all, and the influence value remained stagnant...

Ji Duo frowned slightly. He originally wanted to ask Shi Ruan, who had been staying at home and ignored what was going on outside the window, where he knew these things, but the scene of the rainy night when they first met suddenly appeared in his mind. Lightning flashed.

Ji Duo then recalled that Gu Xinghai had gone to great lengths to send the kitten to him.

Since she was once Gu Xinghai's little kitten, it's not surprising to know about the grudge between him and the Gu family.

An inexplicable anger arose in Ji Duo's heart. It was not directed at Shi Ruan, but more like he was extremely dissatisfied with Gu Xinghai's possession of the kitten Ruanruan.

But seeing the young man in front of him purse his lips nervously because of the violence in his eyes, and leaning back slightly involuntarily, Ji Duo calmed down his face with restraint and tried to make his voice less harsh: " Why ask such a question?"

When Shi Ruan saw that Ji Duo took a mouthful of food naturally, and there was no longer anything wrong on his face, he scratched his head and whispered: "I'm afraid that your relationship is not good and you are always unhappy."

"So, you care about me?" Ji Duo raised his eyebrows slightly without even raising his eyes.

"Yeah," Shi Ruan nodded hurriedly and heavily, put his hands on the table, drew a little closer to Ji Duo, and then blinked, indicating that Ji Duo could continue.

From the corner of his eye, Ji Duo could notice the young man's bright eyes, full of expectation and curiosity. They were so crystal clear that they seemed to reflect all the sunlight that was directed at him.

The boy's innocence was beyond his imagination. He had already hinted several times that he didn't want to talk about this topic, but the young boy who was new to the world thought he was very interested, and he acted like he was listening with great interest.

With such clear eyes, Ji Duo sighed helplessly in his heart, put down the chopsticks in his hand and said, "Yes, he has been doing more and more little things recently, and I'm very annoyed by him."

Ji Duo locked his eyes on Shi Ruan's eyes when he spoke. He wanted to see if his kitten would show any strange expression when he spoke of his former master in this way.

The young man indeed showed a worried expression as soon as he heard his words. His eyes drooped slightly, and Bai Xia's hands nervously clenched into fists on the table.