50

"You were demoted?"

  Xio looked at the admiral opposite, his eyebrows serious.

  Before he stepped into the military headquarters, he was worried that Amanke, who had suffered a loss, would retaliate against the military headquarters. Sure enough, two minutes later, he learned from the military female that the general had been demoted.

  The reason was simply the admiral's substandard interrogation of a suspected insect.

  A suspect of the Ackerman family.

  There was sarcasm in his ice-blue eyes. From the day he knelt in the prison in humiliation while holding on to his dying body, Xio realized very clearly that there was no light above the military headquarters.

  There were only a group of corrupt officials who were colluding with the nobles. Even the entire empire, which seemed to be such a huge and solid structure, had been devoured and rotted to the point of collapse.

  "Don't be so pessimistic." The admiral said, holding a cup of tea, "I think he is being demoted."

  "Xiu, there is still room for redemption in everything." He looked at Xio, whose face had turned cold, and handed over a document at hand.

  Xio's eyes fell on the confidential document and looked at the admiral.

  The admiral smiled at him, "You can see."

  Because it's related to him.

  Xio took it and opened the file. After seeing the first line of the document clearly, the hand holding the page began to tighten.

  After a moment of silence, "I'm sorry."

  Xio felt that her throat was stiff and her voice was slightly unsteady. He relaxed his grip on the document and pushed it back.

  Looking straight at the general, "I'm afraid I won't be able to do it anymore."

  This is a reinstatement document.

The condition for his reinstatement is that he should follow the general to the battlefield of Ghat Star, and any demerits he has made can be made up for.

  Hearing Xio's refusal, the admiral said nothing.

  After a while he smiled again, "In this aspect, you and Gu Lian are surprisingly similar."

  Xio's brows furrowed after hearing the admiral's words.

  The admiral continued, "Because the mutated insect army has suffered heavy losses, and its military power is now used to maintain order in the empire and protect those old guys, Gart Planet is very short of insect hands."

  "Xiu, although I proposed your reinstatement, they have already set their sights on us. Otherwise, why would they propose that we 'sin bugs' go over to support the Garter Star?"

  The plan of the group of male insects has begun. If it succeeds, they military females will still be lackeys who are forced to be ordered around at the bottom; if they fail, they will be buried in the Gart planet and never suffer any future troubles.

  "If you take into account

  His body has not recovered and he is unable to fight, but he is qualified as a commander based solely on his rich combat experience. "The general knows his subordinate well, and he knows that Xio wants to return to the military headquarters.

  Xio's eyebrows moved and she insisted, "I'm sorry."

  He could not stir up the pool any further and let Gu Lian sink down.