70

"Your Excellency Gu Lian, there is an unknown team ahead!"

The search was still going on, and a scout suddenly turned back and nervously reported to Gu Lian. Gu Lian frowned slightly and looked in the direction pointed by the scout. I could vaguely see a team of bugs, all of them were ragged and unkempt.

  Dust and sand were flying, and the team moved forward with difficulty.

  "Looks like a refugee?" said the military female.

  A refugee who was lucky enough to survive?

  Gu Lian stared at the unknown team. Apparently, the team also saw Gu Lian's team. Like frightened birds, the panicked insect swarm instantly retreated.

  Gu Lian's eyes were heavy, "Catch them."

  The military females obeyed the order and quickly wiped out the swarms of insects that were unable to escape.

  "Please, don't arrest us!"

  "I don't want to become a monster..."

  "Help!"

  …

  The shrill cries for help and shrill cries made Gu Lian's temples ache. The caught insects did not dare to raise their heads at all, holding their heads and begging for mercy, trembling with fear. Gu Lian walked closer and looked at this small group of more than ten insects.

  Unarmed refugees.

  There are males and injured females.

  "Bastard! You are actually conducting experiments on the same kind of people without mercy. If you want me to become a monster, I might as well die with you guys!" A refugee jumped up suddenly and rushed towards the leader Gu Lian with eyes splitting.

  “Don’t overestimate your own capabilities.”

  But before he could get close, he was strangled by the neck. Gu Lian stared at the insect indifferently, "Who is experimenting on you?"

  "Al!" Some of the refugees exclaimed.

  The male worm named "El" roared with difficulty, "You... you... damn worms! I'm going to kill you!"

  "Al, wait!" Among the refugees, a female insect stood up.

  "They don't seem to be worms... they are..." the female worm choked, tears of grief rushing down her eyes from the terrifying black hole.

  "It's...the army of the empire."

  The refugees couldn't tell the difference between Imperial and Wurm armies, but he could. Because the emblem of the Imperial Ministry has already been engraved into his flesh and blood.

  Gu Lian let go of his hand and glanced at the female insect.

  The female was wearing refugee clothes and had a dirty face. One eye was only an empty hole and the other eye was filled with dense bloodshot eyes due to infection. He looked miserable and embarrassed, but pain and joy were constantly intertwined on his face.

  He tried his best to identify the male insect in front of him.

  He was suddenly shocked and his lips trembled.

  , "...Your Excellency Gu Lian?"

  Gu Lian narrowed his eyes slightly and carefully looked at the insect's face.

  "I am the former military female of the Second Legion, a subordinate of Lieutenant General Hugh." He choked out his name, "Odin Jerlok!"

  "Little Odin?!" Finally a military female recognized him and was shocked.