89

"According to the surviving military female, the person who invaded the aircraft carrier was..."

  "Wurm."

  The adjutant's voice was heavy and he looked towards the marshal.

  The marshal sitting on the hospital bed looked pale. The moment he heard "subworm", his long eyelashes swept over him fiercely, and the corners of his lips trembled, but no sound came out.

  The marshal stared at him, almost closely.

  Under the military uniform that symbolized the empire's supreme glory, his body was already thin and weak. The pale face, tight lips, and hand holding the abdomen gave off an aura of vulnerability.

  The adjutant inexplicably thought of butterflies, but he rejected it the next second.

  How can a strong and tall military female be described with words like fragile and butterfly?

  Especially when the other party is a marshal.

  The adjutant nodded heavily and confirmed again, "It's a subworm."

  "The captain of the soldier and the chief of staff returned on the second day after arriving on the star of Gart. The combat aircraft and the soldier regiment stayed on the star of Gart to guard the port. On the afternoon of the second day, when traveling to the third channel, the K-211 aircraft suddenly Sound the alarm..." The adjutant relayed the confession obtained from the military female who survived, "A group of sub-worms appeared out of thin air and attacked them."

  How could Wurm possibly appear out of thin air?

  If they hadn't invaded before departing from the Empire, they had infiltrated while anchored on the planet Ghat. However, before the aircraft ships sailed to the Ghat star, the military department conducted strict inspections. Is there a problem with the military, or are Nolin, Xio and the others really colluding with the subworm?

  The marshal clenched his fists unconsciously, feeling confused.

  Machel represented the bridge of communication between him and Nolin. He sent Machel there in the hope of having a frank and honest conversation with the garrison.

  However, Mechel died tragically.

  All visible evidence and speculation point to his trusted subordinates.

  The marshal didn't want to believe it. Under the intense anger and grief, there were spasms in his belly. His fingers were weak, so he gritted his teeth and asked, "Did Meichel leave anything behind before he died?"

  The adjutant shook his head silently, "Due to the huge stimulation, the military female's memory was confused. She only remembers that Walker Poston connected the communicator and sent support to rescue him."

  "Walker Poston does have wounds from the mutant bug attack," the adjutant added.

  He lowered his head and said, "A small group of officers and nobles are already spreading rumors, saying that Admiral Nolin and Lieutenant General Xiu have rebelled. They are conspiring with Lord Gu Lian to collude with the sub-worms to attack the empire..."

  The marshal made no reply.

  Suppressed anger and abdominal pain swept over him.

  The silence lasted too long, and the adjutant finally realized something was wrong.

  He raised his eyes and saw the marshal clutching his abdomen. Cold sweat dripped from his thin chin, and blood slid down the trouser legs of his military uniform.