85

The next day, the general's approval was issued.

  Due to the failure of the consciousness-awakening experiment, Io will be used as a first-level research subject for brain research on mutant bugs. Upon hearing the news, Odin lost control on the spot. After being injected with a sedative, the poor military female calmed down.

  "It was expected that Odin couldn't accept it." Wu Zhong wanted to make this decision.

  The admiral lowered his gaze and patted Xio, who was supporting Odin, and said comfortingly, "Odin and Io are both your subordinates. I know you feel uncomfortable. But Xio, don't have too much psychological burden."

  Xio didn't say anything, but there was unhideable worry in his eyes when he looked at Odin.

  Odin is emotionally unstable, considering he will lose control again when he wakes up. So, Xiu said to Gu Lian, "My lord, I will send Odin back to the camp."

  Gu Lian nodded, "Together."

  After sending Odin back to the camp, Hugh did not leave immediately.

  He sat on the edge of the bed and stared worriedly at the unconscious military female. If Odin loses control again after waking up, in addition to injecting a sedative, Hugh can only restrict his access rights.

  This is what Xio doesn't want to see.

  "I can understand Odin's mood." Xio sighed and said softly, "When we were in the army, although Odin and Io often didn't deal with each other, the relationship between the two insects was actually good. Especially after experiencing together Life and death, after being saved by the other party..."

  Letting Io accept insect experiments as a research subject is undoubtedly cruel to the living Odin.

  "Although he is pitiful, we must let him recognize the facts." Gu Lian, who was standing aside, said.

  His cold eyes swept over the unconscious Odin, "His feelings for that military female have been completely distorted."

  Even - deformed.

  Obviously, after experiencing life and death and great fear, this military female gradually lost her insect status and regarded Io who saved him as the spiritual support for survival. Once Io is hurt, he will be in the same situation and even suffer a hundred times more than the insect in question.

  Gu Lian crossed his arms and said, "It's most likely due to post-war psychological trauma. Find him a psychiatrist."

  Xiu was stunned for a moment and then his face darkened. No one thought about this at first, because Odin's behavior was so normal. He is still cheerful and kind, just like before. But recalling that Odin began to become pessimistic and out of control after the appearance of Io who turned into a mutated insect, Xio felt more and more that Gu Lian's guess was right.

  He nodded heavily and took Odin's hand.

  After a while, cold fingers moved in Xio's palm, and Xio's eyes brightened slightly. He couldn't help but hold Odin's hand a little tighter, "Odin?"

  The military woman on the bed gradually woke up. When consciousness returned, he suddenly held Xio's hand and sat up. He shouted uncontrollably, "Io!"

  "...Where is Io?" His eyes were distracted, and Odin's hands were trembling. He thought of an insect cub that couldn't find its way home, and his unfocused eyes were looking for a focus in panic. Until he saw Xio, Odin seemed to have grabbed hold of a driftwood and held Xio's hand tightly.