Chapter 3

Prerna's POV

I am on a beach running throw the water on shore, with my hands opened like a aeroplane. From the front, a muscular and handsome guy is coming towards me. He is looking into my eyes and I am running towards him.

I am running towards him.
.
Still running
.
Now, we are close, I am about to hug him.

"Prerna!!!", mom yelled.

Oh hell. I was dreaming. "I woke up, Mom.", I shouted so that she can hear. Then I got up and freshen up myself. When I was doing my hairs, My brother knocked the door.

"Come, Bhayia"

He entered and stood behind me, looking at my face in the mirror.
"I can't believe, you grown up, Prerna" he take a pause and then continued, "I still remember, how I irritated you and always mess up your play."

"Its the first time, you are accepting it, bhai. You always said that you did that by mistake."

He laughed and hugged me, "I Love you so much, Prerna", I hugged him back, "I Love you too, Bhayia". He broke the hug and pulled my hairs, then he runs outside showing toungue to me.

Ah, Why do these brothers always do something like that. Can't they even spend a bit of second in emotions.

I went down and saw my mom and bhabhi dusting the drawing room. So, I went to kitchen and made tea for them. After about an hour, Papa came to me and said, "Beta, I just got a call. They are coming in about an hour. Go and get ready."

I simply nods and moved towards stairs.
"Beta, wear a good looking saree. Okay?", He said.

Ah! Why the hell Saree? I don't like it. I can wear suit but why saree?

"Papa! Why only saree? Isn't suit good enough?"

"Saree is our culture, beta. Its just for 1-2 hours. Okay?"

"Okay, Papa"
He said so sweetly, that I can't refuse them. I just love my Dad so much.

*****************************

I am in my room, fully ready in my orange saree.
Here is my look.

Bhabhi entered in my room, "Wow, Prerna di

Bhabhi entered in my room, "Wow, Prerna di. You are looking absolutely gorgeous."

"Thanks, Bhabhi"

"Come, Maaji is calling you"

I went with her to the kitchen and bring the tea tray to the drawing room, where they were sitting. I putted the tray on the table and greeted both of them with a Namaste.

Why there is only a couple, where is the boy?

"Sit beta", The aunty said.

I sit beside my mom.

Bhaiya asked, "Where is your son for whom you came to see my sister?"

"Actually, He is currently in US. So, I decided to not to bother him. And also, he believe in me so much. He will never deny my decision." Aunty said with a smirk. I am not liking this lady. Please God, I don't want to see her ugly smirk daily.

"But, Boy and girl need to talk to each other before taking the decision." Bhayia asked.

Wow, i like him in this caring Personality. He actually loves me so much. But, it doesn't change the fact that he irritates me so much.

"We parents understand our child's comfort more then them. We are more experienced, beta. Am I right, Sudhir ji?" She asked.

"Y...y...yes yes, Right Devki ji. Absolutely right" my dad replied.

Why do I marry someone who doesn't even have time to just see me? How can I be sure that he will give me time after marriage? Please, papa, don't just agree on this.

Then, Bhabhi takes me to my room and parents discussed for about an hour. When they were about to leave, I was called to say good bye. I touched their feet and they blessed me. Soon they went, I changed my clothes and wear my t-shirt and pajama, comfortable stuff.

Bhabhi came to my room.
"What happened, bhabhi? I hope Papa didn't agreed." I asked.

"The boy was very good looking and also earning very good. Mamaji told us that the family is also very social. So....."

"So.... What? Don't tell me that Papa said YES."

"Yes, He said YES."

I am shocked and rushed towards my father's room. Maa and Papa were talking.

"The family isn't bad, Sheetal." Papa said.

"But, the boy. He didn't even came to see my girl. How can you be so sure that he will spare some time for her?" Mom asked. Thanks mom, that's the same I wanted to ask.

"The boy is in US, his family lives in India. After marriage, Prerna will also go to US. Then she will get his time."
Why papa why?

"As you wish, just make sure that we wouldn't have to regret in future. I could never forgive myself if Prerna had to suffer."

"Don't worry, Sheetal. I won't give my daughter to any bad family."

I returned from the door, as I didn't want my papa to be upset. He also want me happy. Please God, the guy should be good, please don't break Papa's trust. Thinking the same, I went to my room back.

"What did Papaji said?", bhabhi asked.

"I didn't asked anything, He was talking to maa about the same thing."

"So, What's your decision then?"

"Whatever Papa choose, I just want that he won't regret."

"You are so kind, Prerna didi." She hugged me and then went from the room. I am still thinking about the guy.

*************************

Third person POV

Dev and Devki are sitting in their room. They are now ready for sleep. When Devki came and sits on bed.
Dev asked, "There is a YES from their side, What's your decision?".

"I never take decision in hurry." Devki replied.

"The girl is beautiful, fit and cultured as well. I don't think there is any reason for thinking."

"Did I asked for your opinion?" Devki asked.

"N...n...no....no, no. I...I... just thought and e...expressed my views."

"Your views and opinions doesn't matter, in this house only my decision matters, Okay?"

"Y...Yeah, I am sorry." Dev lied on bed and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote and Comment on this part if you liked it.

What do you think will be the decision of Devki?

Will Prerna's father regret his decision?

Thanks
~Aditya🧡
(13-12-2023)