Chapter 20

Prerna's POV

"Good morning, Madam ji.", Abhay ji trying to wake me up.

I rubbed my eyes and the opened them. I got up and sat down. He was standing beside me holding the tray of cup. "Your coffee.", he said.

I took one cup and then, he took the other one and sat beside me. "How're you feeling now?", he asked.

"Good, very good.", I replied. After a few seconds, "Thanks.", I said.

"Mention not, There is no place for Sorry and Thanks between a couple.", he said.

"I thought this line is for friendship...", I said raising my eyebrows.

"Hahaha.... Well, it is... so let's be friends.", He said.

"Okay... Let's be.", I replied. Should I tell him that today is my ....? I think, I should. If I didn't tell, he won't know. I thought for a few seconds.

"By the way, Today is your friend's birthday.", I said.

"W-what? Really?", He looked immediately towards me.

"Yeah.", I smiled.

"Happy Birthday!", He said.

"Just so dry 'Happy Birthday'??", I asked him.

"Oh, is that it? Wait a second...", He went outside the room. Why did he went outside? Did he already brought some gift?

In a minute he returned and sits beside me again. I am waiting for him to give, what he brings.

"Happy Birthday, Mrs. Prerna Singh.", he offered a bunch of some roses of different colours.

"Wow, Thanks.", I said while taking the bunch. I smell them and wow...

"Now, tell me. What do you want for your gift?", he asked.

"Uhm... I don't know.", I said, I don't know what to ask for.

"A car for your own?", He asked.

"Seriously?", I said in a shock. How can he casually say of buying a car? Ah... Why do I always forget that I am from a middle class not he...!!!

"Yeah, You can learn to drive fearlessly.", He casually smiled.

"Nah, Its too big for a gift.", I said.

"A bike?", He asked.

"Nah, I don't know how to drive."

"Cycle?", He giggled.... "Its not too big and you also know how to drive.", He laughed.

I raised my eyebrow in a angry look... He said, "Just joking. Tell me what you want."

"I don't know... Whatever you will give, I will accept it.", I said and he smiled. "When is your birthday, by the way?", I asked.

"My birthday is very far.", He answered.

"What age are you going to be then?", I asked.

"26, And, What is yours today?"

"I turned 24 today."

"You are still young for a marriage.", He said.

"It doesn't matter now.", I downed my head towards my feet.

"I never asked you, but were you ready for this marriage? I mean it can't be forced as it doesn't seem to be forced, but just asking." He asked calmly.

"This isn't a forced marriage. But, I wasn't ready. It all happened so fast."

"For me too. I just got a call from mom to come India. When I came, next day our engagement happened.", He said.

Wait... I don't knew that, I thought he knew about that before. "You mean, you didn't knew that your mom was finding a girl for you?"

"Nope."

"Quite Strange. You know, in my case, I woke up and Mom told me that tommorow a family is coming to see you. And, all this happened in just 23 days.", I said.

"Are you doing well, now? Don't hesitate to tell me anything.", he took one of my hands in his hand.

I looked straight into his eyes and said, "Yeah, I am happy now. Don't get me wrong, but your mom is the only thing, I can't understand.", I said that but I hope he won't take it in a wrong way. I am not saying that as a typical wife, Jealous of sasu maa.

"Well, to be honest. Everyone in our family, have the same problem." He laughed.

"Thank God, I thought you'd think that I am also like TV serials wife who hates their sasu maa.", I said while hiding my face in my  hands.

"Husband wife relation is all about understanding each other. I understood your sense.", He smiled.

I am ashamed of myself that I doubted him before. He is literally the best version of a man. Such an adorable guy he is. I should also start to understand him as he is understanding my senses.

***************

Abhay's POV

"See, the way she was looking at you seems like you were creepy.", My brain mocked me.

"Does this make sense? How can her way of looking at me make me creepy?", I asked.

"Because you are creepy."

"Don't irritate me. Just let me remember her smile."

"See, how creepy you are."

"Now how?"

"Thinking about a girl while bathing. Creepy!", my brain said.

"Not an ordinary girl. She is my wife. I am just remembering her smile."

"You are gone mad..."

"Nah, its not like that."

"Wifey! Wifey! Wifey!...." My brain started to irritate me.

I came out from bathroomi, wear clothes and trying to find my comb. Where did I placed it yesterday? Suddenly, she entered the room.

She saw me finding something here and there. "Uh, Finding something?", She asked.

"Yeah, have you seen my comb? That, black one.", I asked.

"Oh, that was yours! I didn't knew it. Actually, I used in today and placed it in dressing table.", She smiled and said.

"Oh, that's why I can't find it. By the way, I don't have any problem with you using it.", He said.

"Creepy as f*ck!!!", My brain said.

She smiled and took her phone and then left the room.

[TIMESKIP TO BREAKFAST]

We all were having breakfast made my Prerna and suddenly mom said, "When are you going back to US?"

"Uh, actually I didn't decided yet.", I replied.

Dad said, "You should decide it soon. After this home, now your that home also needs to be blessed by the feet of ghar ki lakshmi."

"She isn't going anywhere.", Mom inturupted harshly. "Only Abhay will go. She will stay with us. Bahus don't go outside."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote and Comment, if you like this part. Also don't forget to share it with your friends.

Will Prerna go to US with Abhay or Abhay will go alone?

Comment your guesses to encourage me.

Stay tuned for next part.

Thanks
~Aditya 🧡
(19-01-2024)