Chapter 15

First of All, A Very Happy New Year to all of you.
May this New Year of 2024 brings happiness in your life. 😊

🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷

Prerna's POV

Abhay ji helped me in preparing Matar Paneer. We also had little talks between this time. Now, we have to prepare Gulab Jamun.

"Uh... Actually, I don't remember how to prepare Gulab Jamun.", I said to him.

"Really!! You said you know everything.", he said. I can't believe this is the same person I met 2 weeks ago. He was a person who stammered while talk, and now he is is teasing me. If he would be a fictional character, I would have said 'Lazy Writing'. But...

"Where have you lost?", he snapped in front of me. "N-n-n-not anywhere. Can you please help me in preparing Gul....", before I could complete my sentence, he said, "No need to ask."

He told me to prepare sugar syrup. And, he prepared the gulab jamuns. I was just gazing at his mouth, which never stopped while he was doing this. He explained me every step well, as if he is a professional chef.

In some time, he prepared the balls to fry. Suddenly, the kitchen door opened and sasu maa entered. I looked towards Abhay ji, but he is not there. Thank God, he is gone, and I hope she didn't saw him.

"How much you have prepared?" She asked and was looking all around the kitchen. Did she saw him? I don't know.

"Uh... Almost everything. Just need these balls to fry and dip them into sugar syrup.", I said.

"Go on. I am watching." She said while folding her hands to her chest.

God please, Save me!!! I don't wanna die soon. Sorry, I am exaggerating it, but I don't want my first impression to be bad. I closed my eyes and remembered every step told by Abhay ji.

I did everything the same as he told me earlier and everything is looking perfect. The perfect shape and perfect spongy. Anyways, Now the food is ready. I also made naans and now we are going to take the first thali to God.

Then, we all went on the dinning table. Sasu maa is sitting on the Head of the Family chair. Papa ji and Abhay ji on her both sides. I served the food in their plates and waited for their reaction. Actually, whatever it is the credit goes to Abhay ji, he didn't let me do anything. I was just cutting vegetables and listening. He prepared everything except naans. So, I will take the credit for that.

Sasu maa took the first bite and didn't gave much reaction. She signed others to eat too. God! Please, make it good.

********************************

Abhay's POV

After mom took her bite, she gave a mixed reaction. So, I thought to take a bite myself.
"You ruined her first impression, for sure.", my brain said.

"And, How's that?", I asked.

"By making this sh*tty food."

"I haven't tasted yet, how can you conclude?"

"Vo.... Uh.... Because.... Uh..."

"Lack of words, huh? Now, let me taste as well." I said.

I took the first bite and it was awesome. Very nice food. Uh... unbeatable. Bestest food ever.
"Self-obsessed!!!", my brain mocked me.

"What happened? This food is actually good."