Chapter 36

Prerna's POV - 5 days Later

Hello guys, Today is Dhanteras. Me and Abhay ji already bought some utensils in the afternoon. Now, Its about 4pm. And I sent Abhay ji and 4 other workers to bring lights for decoration which were in basement.

Its been 1½ hours, and they still didn't returned. I am worried, I guess I should check what is happening there.

I went downstairs and opened the door.

Really...?? They are playing Monopoly and that too being serious. All of them are sitting on a mat, the game is in the middle and four are sitting around it on each sides. And one was sitting in a bit distance, who may be banker of the game, I guess.

I slowly went near them and hide behind the pillar. Abhay ji rolled a dice and then puts his hand on forehead and started thinking. "Buy Hong Kong.", Banker guy said to him.

"I think, New York would be good.", He replied.

"I don't think New York is good place to invest now... I suggest buying Hong Kong is better. You are already on it, for New York you have to wait for next chance.", Banker said.

"Okay", he placed his token on Hong Kong and purchased it. Everyone else clapped and congratulated him. What the hell...? They are playing it like a real dealership...

The other player rolled the dice and came on Hong Kong. "Now pay rent...", Abhay ji said to him. That guy payed rent and then Abhay ji said to banker, "Thankyou, assistant.".

"What are you guys doing?", I came out and said to them. Everyone stood up and said sorry to me. They went to find lights. I went near my husband ji.

"And you?", I asked.

He smiled and showed teeth. "Why are you showing teeth?", I asked.

"I was just about to win...", He said.

"I was about to win, not you. I had more money left." One of the worker said.

"But that doesn't mean you won. I was going to win, I know.", Abhay ji replied to him.

"From the starting I was first, and I am sure I would have stayed first till end.", He said.

"Nah, I am sure I was going to win.", Abhay ji said.

He was about to reply but then I said, "You guys fighting like a kid. Please stop and focus on work. And you, Abhay ji..."

"Boliye, madam ji.", He puts his arms on my shoulders and smiled.

"You guys are playing it from past 1½ hours...", I said.

"No, 1 hour 20 minutes. We were finding lights in first 10 minutes but then I found this game, which I used to play in childhood.", He said.

"Whatever it is, but why were you guys playing, instead of working?", I asked.

"You know, men are only upgraded version of kids. So, we can't resist us from playing games...", He made a puppy face.

"You can't melt me by making this face.", I said.

"Really?", He pulled me closer and started to gaze in my eyes.

God! These butterflies... I placed my hands on his chest and I can feel his heart beating fast. He is moving his face closer to me. I can't resist him from coming closer... I closed my eyes and our noses touched.

"Uhm... Excuse me...", A worker said.

We splits up away and this was awkward, really awkward.

"Lights..! We found lights..", the worker said.