Chapter 43

[++++++++++++ Flashback ++++++++++++]
7 years back

"Bhaiya, I will miss you.", Aaruhi said to Abhay. This is the time, when Abhay is going Mumbai with Ishan for his graduation. And, he is leaving now.

Aaruhi pulled off from hug and then hugged Ishan, "I will miss you also, Ishan bhaiya." He said, "I will miss you too, lovely sister."

"Please, take care and Try not to get punished. You have already lost your leg.", Abhay said.

She didn't said anything but smiled. And then they both left for their journey.

[++++++++++++ Flashback Ends ++++++++++++]

"Wait... Wait... wait... Leg? She lost leg?", Prerna asked Abhay.

"Oh.... Yeah, I forgot to tell.", He replied.

"But, she was walking normally, I didn't saw any problem there.", She asked.

"Actually, after the knee, her leg is prosthetic.", He said.

"What..? How..? When..?", She is shocked and asked.

"When I went to Mumbai for the first time, to make some settlements about the hostel and all, then I stay there for about 3 days. And, in that time Mom went so angry on her for some reason that she brings out her gun. And....", He said.

"And..?", Prerna is curious and wants to know.

"And, I wasn't there to protect her so, she shot her on left leg. And, luckily it happened on the same day of my arrival, otherwise Aaruhi would haven't been survived. When I returned, I saw her lying on the ground fainted, and stained in blood.", Abhay got tears in his eyes while telling.

Prerna pulled him in her embrace and wiped his tears off. Then, Aaruhi knocked at the door. Prerna told her to come in.

She sit besides them and said, "And, Mr. Statue haven't did anything to save me. He was there but didn't even spoke anything. Nor he took me to hospital while I was crying in pain. For 2 hours, I was crying in pain, but then my saviour came and took me to hospital."

Prerna is short of words by listening this. Her eyes are wide open and she is literally shocked.

"Doctors had to amputate my leg due to infection. And then I got a prosthetic leg.", She showed her leg to Prerna. "Now, the story after bhaiya went for study is...."

[++++++++++++ Flashback ++++++++++++]

"Now, Abhay is not here. So, no one is going to take your punishment on himself. It would be better if you learn to behave good.", Devki said to Aaruhi.

She didn't replied but continued to eat. Devki looked at Dev and he lowered his head.

She looked at Aaruhi again and said, "My first order for you is that You have to start learning sewing and cooking."

"I am saying it again, I have no interest in that and I am not going to learn them.", She replied.

"Then, you will not go to school also.", Devki said.

"What the hell is your problem, Mom?", Aaruhi punched the table. "Can't you let me even eat properly?"

Devki slapped her and said, "Don't speak in front of me... I am the boss."

"And, I don't serve you. I am an independent citizen of an independent nation. I am a girl that doesn't mean I have to do those things, in which I am not interested.", She said.