Chapter 35

Prerna's POV

I stood up from the dining table and then I heard the doorbell. So, I went to open the door. What the hell...! He came again....

Sumit was the one who pressed the doorbell and there were some police officers with him. He smirked at me and then went towards Abhay ji, "He is the guy...."

Inspector put handcuffs on Abhay ji's hands. Papaji asked the inspector, "What did he do?".

He didn't answered but said, "You are under arrest, Mr. Abhay Gautam. And, I will do further things in police station."

Papaji went near him and whispered something in his ear... Do he know him? What is he trying to do??? Inspector said, "I am an honest Policeman. Do you also want to get arrested?"

Oh... He was trying to bribe him... Papaji stepped back and said, "No no...", Then the inspector dragged Abhay ji outside.

"Excuse Me Inspector, According to Article 22(1) of Indian Constitution, Any person who is in custody has to be informed as to why he has been arrested." Sasumaa said to the inspector.
[Credit: @Lazyhead7 👍🏻]

Wow, Sasumaa. First time you did something right at right time. The inspector stopped there and said, "Mr. Abhay Gautam is alleged for Attempt to Murder of victim, Mr. Sumit Kumar. Section 307 of the IPC prescribes punishment upto 10 years of imprisonment for attempt to murder."

"There may be some misunderstanding, My son can't do this.", Sasumaa said. Abhay ji and Papaji looked at eachother in shock.

"I am ex-boyfriend of your Daughter-in-law, I just came to talk to her, and in jealousy he tried to kill me. He broke my two teeth too.", Sumit said.

Sasumaa looked at me, I lowered my head and then she said to Sumit, "Ever seen your face in mirror? You really think my son would be jealous of you...?", she continued. "And as the matter of being ex-boyfriend of Prerna... Humans often do mistakes... and she is also a human."

Inspector said, "If your debate has been completed, let me do my job.", He grabbed the handcuffs of Abhay ji and take him in the jeep.

When Abhay ji was gone, sasumaa immediately did phone call to a lawyer. Papaji was sitting holding his head...

Wait... Wait... Wait... Ishan's girlfriend is daughter of ACP, may be she could help... But, he is ACP of Mumbai, states are also different. Nah... I should try once...

But, I don't have his number too... And, I can't unlock Abhay Ji's phone... "Papaji, Do you have Ishan bhaiya's number?", I asked.

"Yeah, Why do you need it...? I don't think we should disturb him by telling this...", He said.

"He can help in this, he can... Please give me his number...", I said.

He gave me his phone number. I dialed his number from my phone.... Please pick it up, please....

"Kesi hai meri jaan? (how are you, my love?)", Ishan bhaiya said as he recieved the call.

"Excuse me...", I said.

"Oo... S-s-so-sorry bhabhi... Vo, Your Truecaller have same picture as Abhay's number, so I didn't noticed... Sorry...", He said.

"It's okay. Um... Abhay ji got arrested....", I said.

"Oh, Okay.... Wait... What?", He replied. "Arrest...? How?", He asked.

Then, I told him everything which happened 2 days ago. And, also asked for help...