Epilogue

[25-12-2025]

Author's POV

"Merry Christmas, Prerna.", Abhay said to Prerna while they both were lying in the bed. The time is 6:30am. They both just wake up. They have a flight to Gwalior at 11:00am as they are in Goa.

Prerna snuggled into Abhay's chest. "Merry Christmas, my Santa.", She said. They both laughed in a low voice.

Aaruhi knocked the door of their room in panic, "Bhaiya... Bhaiya... Open the door."

Abhay got up and opened the door. Aaruhi's whole body was trembling. She hugged him tightly and started to cry in his arms.

"What happened, Aaru...? I'm... I'm here with you.... Tell me Aaru.", Abhay said.

Aaruhi was hiccupping while sobbing. Prerna also came down from the bed. She cupped Aaruhi's face in her hands, "What happened? Tell us, Aaruhi."

"Bhaiya... Bhabhi... Your... Your... Your phone...", Aaruhi couldn't say it because she was crying so hard.

Prerna picked their phones immediately and they were switched off. She switched them on. Abhay asked, "Aaru, Tell me... I am scared... What happened...? What about our phones...?"

"Did you thought something happened to us??", Prerna asked Aaruhi.

She shaked her head in NO. "I... I... Ish... Ishan... Ishan bhaiya...", Aaruhi said.

"Ishan...? What happened to him...?", Abhay's face was full of fear.

Prerna gave a glass of water to Aaruhi. She drinked the water and took deep breaths. "I got a call from Deepika didi....", Aaruhi said.

"What did she told???", Abhay's hands started to tremble. Prerna grabbed his hands.

"Ishan bhaiya... Ishan bhaiya is in hospital. He was hit by bullets.", Aaruhi said.

"What...? Ishan.... No... No... N.. nothing can happen to him....", Abhay was panicked.

"Ishan bhaiya is only saying your name....", Aaruhi said.

Abhay picked his phone and called Ishan. The call didn't connected. He called Geet's phone, it also didn't connect. Then, he called on Deepika's phone (Ishan's elder sister). She picked up the call.

"Thank God, You called Abhay. Please come soon...", She was crying too.

Abhay noted the address and said to Prerna, "I need both of you ready in 10 minutes. We are leaving for Mumbai now."

In a few minutes, they reached down. Abhay called a cab and they went to Airport. He rented a private jet from there to Mumbai. In 1 hour, they reached Mumbai.

"You three stay in hotel, I will go there.", Abhay said. When he was talking to reception, Aaruhi said to Prerna, "Bhabhi, I will take care of Rohit, you have to go with Bhaiya. Only you can take care of him. He loves Ishan bhaiya so much."

Prerna think for a few seconds then agreed to her. She gave Rohit (their son) to Aaruhi and agreed Abhay to take her with him.

Aaruhi went in the hotel room and they went to meet Ishan. Outside the hospital, there was Police security. Ishan's sister saw Abhay so Police allowed him to enter easily.

"What happened, di?", Abhay asked her.

She took them in the ward to meet Ishan. He was lying on the bed fully covered in blood, closed eyes, only saying two names, "Geet... Abhay..."

Abhay went beside him and grabbed his hand, "Ishan... My brother. Ishan... Open your eyes... Please...", He said and tears started to fall from his eyes.