Chapter 21

Abhay's POV

It is about 9:00 am. We all are having breakfast made by Prerna and suddenly mom said, "When are you going back to US?"

"Uh, actually I didn't decided yet.", I replied.

Dad said, "You should decide it soon. After this home, now your that home also needs to be blessed by the feet of ghar ki lakshmi."

"She isn't going anywhere.", Mom inturupted harshly. "Only Abhay will go. She will stay with us. Bahus don't go outside."

"This lady is gone mad. For God's sake, say something."

"What can I say? Wouldn't it look like that I am going against my mom for newly married wife? Like TV serials?", I asked.

"Rubbish.... Wait... Since when you started to compare situations with TV serials?"

"I don't know..."

We all stopped eating at that sudden moment, Prerna looked at me and then mom with her side eyes.

"Sorry to say, but Why did you went in kitty party that day?", Prerna said in a low voice. She was just looking at her food. Dad looked at me and I looked back at him. He took a sip of water, so did I.

Currently here is a pin-drop silence. Except Prerna, no one is eating. Me and Dad are looking at eachother and mom. She is looking at me with an angry face. While, Prerna is busy in eating food ignoring us all.

"That's my girl. That's my wife!!!! Wohooo! I am proud of you, Prerna", my brain said.

"Proud? 😟 Manne to dar laag rio se... (I am scared)", I said.

Mom stood up suddenly and grabbed the glass of water. Me and Dad also stood after her. She spilled the water on the dinning table and threw the glass on floor with whole power.

Prerna is like, she doesn't care. She is still busy in eating. Mom grabbed my neck and said, "Explain to your wife, I am neither used to hearing 'NO' nor to answer to questions."

Prerna stood up and came to help me in freeing my neck, Dad also pulled mom's hand. She finally left my neck and Dad wrapped his arms around mom and took her to another room.

"I.... I... I already told you.... please don't ask her any question.", I said taking deep breaths in between.

"First come with me to our room. Your neck have some cuts from her nails.", She grabbed my hand and took me to our room. I lie down on the bed and she sits beside my head.

She applied medicine on my neck and said, "I am sorry, a newly married girl shouldn't talk like this to mother-in-law."

"It's ok.", I said.

"Nah girl! You did right, absolutely right.", my brain said.

"We were going to die at that moment, just because your 'absolutely right'."

"Whatever it is, but she didn't did anything wrong. She just stood with right."

"She wasn't right tho."

"I wish I had a body, and wearing slippers. I would take off the slippers and beat the sh*t out of you, and make you bald.", my brain said.

"I.... I.... I.... m-meant ..... M...-mom wasn't right tho.", I said

"Party badal liya saala (Changed side, you basterd)"

****************

Prerna's POV

"What have you decided?", I asked him. He looked at me and then moved his gaze down. He didn't answered but his silence answered everything.