Chapter 16

Prerna's POV

It's 4 pm now, 4 hours after the lunch. I just woke up after a nap. Its kinda boring in this big mansion. I am going to kitchen as I want to drink coffee now.

I think I should also ask maaji, if she want a cup or not. And, Abhay ji too. I went to his office room. I opened the door slightly. He was sitting on his chair and was sleeping. Why is he sleeping on work? I should wake him up.

I saw on laptop that a meeting is going on, and his camera is off. Wow, sleeping in meeting!! I shaked him a bit. He opened his eyes and first thing he did was setting his hairs.

"Uh... Hey.", he said while rubbing his eyes.

"Sleeping in meeting is not good.", I said.

"Ah... Such a boring meeting. And, for your kind information, this meeting started 15 minutes ago and I dozed off just a few minutes before.", he said with a wide grin.

"Cut the crap! Do you want a coffee or tea? I am going to make one for myself, so I thought to ask you and maaji."

"A Coffee for me.", he said while raising his hand.

"Okay", I said and turned towards the door.

"Ah... Prerna ji, woh Maa is not home. She went to a Kitty party with her friends. She will come home tommorow morning so she told me to inform you.", He said.

"Oh, okay.", I replied. And, then I went to kitchen to make our coffees. In about 15 minutes, it was made so I poured it in two cups so that one I will give him and other I will take to my room.

I entered the office room, this time he was playing some video game. "Anything except work!! Huh?", I asked and puts his coffee on table.

He chukled and then I turned back to go to bedroom. "Where are you going?", he asked. "Bedroom" i replied.

"Why? Any work?", he asked.

"Nah!!"

"Sit her then, we can talk, rather than being alone in different rooms."

I took out a chair and said, "Anything except work, huh???" and then I got sit on that chair beside him.

He chukled, "All this work is boring, so I can't concentrate on it." He said while taking a sip of coffee, "Umm... It tastes good."

"Thanks.", I said and took a sip myself. It's actually good. "Why did you lied on dinning table?" I asked.

"Oh... T-that... Woh... Mom doesn't like cheating.", He replied.

"So, Why did you helped me? If you wouldn't helped, this problem would never arise." I asked.

*************************

Abhay's POV

"Because, you are our WIFEY!!", my brain said.

"Shut up!"

"Because, I wanted to help you.", I replied.

"You wanted to be cheat your mom?? Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming you."

"No, There are many things, which mom don't like. Imperfections, Lies, Cheating and Questions." I continued after a pause, "Imperfections and Questions are the two things she hates most."

"Someone should be perfect itself to hate imperfections.", my brain said.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"You really think your mom is perfect? She isn't perfect herself. F*cking Kokila!"

"Don't disrespect my mom!!! 😠"

"Wifey!! Wifey!! Wifey!!", my brain started to mock me.

"Everything you did, was just to avoid some imperfections???", she asked.

"Don't get me wrong, I helped you because you are my pride. A wife is husband's pride.", I said and her cheeks turned pinkish. She took a sip and said, "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"I shouldn't ask this, but is she your step-mom?"

"Heck No. She is my real mom.", I coughed at her question and a few drops of coffee spilled on the table.

"Sorry, Sorry. Woh... In past 3 years, I've watched many serials with mom so my mind is filled with it, you know." She said.

"Oh, No worries." I said. Now there were a few seconds of pin-drop silence. Then, I asked, "Wanna go out for dinner, tonight?"

"That's my bro!", my brain said.

"Thanks, bro.", I said.

"I have never seen a man who wants to make his wife, his girlfriend. What a downgrade!!!", my brain taunted.

"Are!! This suggestion was given by you when we were at Prerna's home.", I answered.

"Oh... I remember. See, Its not a downgrade, we are just getting step-by-step towards a perfect relationship." my brain said

"Dogala kahin ka!! (Two-faced, Hypocrite)"

**************************

Prerna's POV

Is he asking for a date? Really?? I mean, its not a thing I ever saw in any serial. A husband dating his own wife!!! No no, I am not saying to date someone else's wife. Its good to date personal wife. WTF am I saying!!! 💀

Oh God, Why my cheeks are so hot now and my earlobes too? My heart rate is also high. Should I say, Yes? Or No? Nah!! I can't say no, this would be so embarrassing for him, to be rejected by his own wife.

Nah! I am not saying to reject him, he is kinda good person. He helped me many times too, I should accept his offer. But...

Nah! I should say, Yes. He snapped in front of my face and I suddenly shuddered. "Ah... Okay. I am ready.", I replied. He smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote and Comment on this part.

Where will this date lead?

Tune in for their journey.

Thanks
~Aditya 🧡
(03-01-2024)