Chapter 14

Abhay's POV

I knocked on the door and mom opened it. We touched her feet and she blessed us both. We entered and she went to get freshen up.
In night at dinner table, Dad asked, "Where are you guys going for your honeymoon?" The bite of food dropped from Prerna's hand and she coughed. I said, "Uh.... Vo..."

"They aren't going for any honeymoon.", Mom said. Dad looked at me and then at mom, he didn't spoke anything and started to eat. Prerna looked at Mom as she spoke this.
I am also shocked at mom's decision.

"Why this lady don't want your honeymoon?", my brain asked.

"She will surely have her reasons."

"F..k off, I know you won't ask anything to that lady."

Dad asked Prerna, "Tommorow is your pehali rasoi, What did you decided to prepare?" Mom puts her fist on table hardly, "She won't decide, I will. And, I have decided, but I will tell it Tommorow itself." Prerna tried to say, "Wh....." I immediately puts hand on her hand and inturupted, "Mom, pass the water please." Prerna looked towards me and I shooked my head in denying.

"Good save", my brain said.

"She saved me yesterday too. And, it's my duty to save her."

"Good husband, but what will you tell Prerna now."

"What?"

"When she will ask you about it, what will you say to her?"

"Truth"

"You have courage to speak?? You can't lie to me."

"I will tell her anything which will good for her, whether its truth or lie."

"Lying to her isn't good."

"Don't poke your nose in my matters.", I said

"As you wish!"

After the dinner, we went to ours room. Prerna came from bathroom after changing and sits on bed. I know she will surely ask. I should be prepared for her questions.

"Abhay ji, ........"

"I know what you are asking. Its just that, mom don't like questions."

".... don't like questions? Why?"

"No one asked, because she doesn't like questions." I said.
Wow!! What an explanation!!!!

"How did you ask anything from her, if you can't ask her by questioning? I mean asking, not questioning." "I don't know what am I saying", she murmured.

"But, I know what you are saying. We ask anything without asking."

"How?", she asked raising her eyebrows.

"Without asking."

"How can you ask without asking?", she asked with a confused face.

"Just.... don't make it a.... question.", I smiled innocently.

She raised one of her eyebrows, "How can we ask a question, without asking, without making it a question?" She sighs, "Oh God. I can't understand."

I took a deep breath. "Look, I will tell you with example." She sits like a student. "Rather than asking, What do I had to do? We say, Tell me the thing I have to do."

She looked without blinking towards me, i snapped, "Uh... Yeah. So you convert questions into affirmative sentences?" she asked.

"Yeah, Exactly."