Chapter 39: Beyond the Capital (3)

Shiki walks down the Stairs fully Dressed looking Slightly and walks over to the Counter where the Front Desk-Lady louches over on her Phone scrolling meaninglessly, Shiki throws his bag over his shoulders and heads over to see her.

Shiki: I'd like to check out please.

Desk-Lady: hm? Sure...What abo-█████Girl you- ████ ██████ ██ Came-███ ███████

Shiki: Are you alright?

Desk-Lady: Oh...Sorry I just thought you came here with somebody else, seems I was mistaken.

Shiki: Ah, I'll be taking my leave then.

Desk-Lady: Have a Great Day.

Shiki puts 10 Grand on the Table and Waves goodbye, as he begins walking towards the Dungeon realizing it's Late outside and it's already Night time and the Kid's are still In the Dungeon.

Shiki: *Sigh* Ended up wasting so much time there...Shit I have to pick up my License from the Guild since my last one expired.

He heads over to the Adventurer's Guild and waits in Line for a Minute or two before getting to the Front, in Irene's Place is a young girl looking for a quick Job for some Good Money.

Desk-Girl: Ah, Hello Shiki where is- █████ ████ ...am I?

Shiki: Are you alright Miss?

Desk-Girl: Yes...Sorry, I think I forgot you went out alone, but I could've sworn I saw you leave with █████ .

Shiki: There is nobody here with that name.

Desk-Girl: There...There...Nobody...How may I help you today Shiki!

Shiki: I'd like a New Card please.

Desk-Girl: Coming Right up!

< Some Random Home >

A man climbs into the Attic and retrieves a Box full of Equipment and Supplies, Out of the Corner of his Eyes he sees a Box Marked "Baby-Stuff" and he takes it down to Question is Wife.

Husband: Honey...Why do we have a Box of Baby Diapers and baby toys?

Wife: Obviously they're for our daughter Ire-█████ ...I don't know...

Husband: Irene-.-.--.is Our d-a-..-..- █████ ████ ██████ ██ ███ ███████what are you talking about we don't have a Daughter?

The Box marked "Irene's Stuff" Slowly begins disappearing into thin Air without a Singular trace Left, After a few seconds the Wife and Husband snack back to Reality and carry on with their Day like nothing happened.

"Irene Croftman Never existed"

Shiki: This is the New Reality of the world... anything my 『Gluttony』is erased Completely from the World and Everyone who ever knew them...not even a loving mother will Remember their own children...A constellation...the "Gods" Who reside at a Higher level of consciousness...They too are not excluded from this Ability.

"In summary, Once devoured by GluttonyYou will never have existed in the eyes of Anybody"

Shiki: Irene...I'm truly sorry, but...I've decided to keep your soul in tact.

From his Shadow an Invisible Hand reaches out and presents an orb to him...The Orb containing the Soul of Irene 'Croftman' and her existence, Shiki holds the Orb tightly and firm in his hands.