Lucy Bronze x Reader (49) & Alexia Putellas x Character (15)

((**3.7k | All Alexia's POV | mentions of Jordan and Leah**))

Alexia had been wondering how she was on the plane. Why she was on the plane. Why she would possibly go to London. And then Ridley arrived and deep down Alexia didn't want to admit it was because of her.

Her, Alexia Putellas Segura, Captain of Spain and Barcelona. World Cup winner. Ballon d'Or winner. All of the awards and accolades you could think of. Known for her dominance, her resilience, her unbridled passion and need to prove that she is one of the best. To push herself.

Somehow undone by the woman whose eyes were locked on her own. None of it made sense.

None of it.

Except that it did.

Jordan's hand tightening around hers was the only thing that snapped her from her own mind.

"Is that Ridley?" Jordan asked, leaning over to see.

Ridley was talking to a flight attendant and out of politeness, turned her attention to him as they shared a hug and a short exchange. She really did know everybody.

When they were finished, she put her work bag on the ground and stepped forward to better see the foursome.

"I heard we had trouble in the front row."

Blau rolled her eyes. "Riddles, what did you do?"

"And here I was thinking you'd be happy to see me, baby." She squatted down and readjusted Blau's straight, braced leg on her reclined chair. "Job came in last minute. I don't need to fly, just a routine flight review so I thought, why not? Better?"

"Yeah, thanks. And how fortuitous."

"What can I say? I'm a lucky gal."

She stood in the aisle between them and that woody, spicy musk sent a warm, welcome shiver down Alexia's spine.

"You're lucky you made it in time." Lucy teased.

"Firstly, where's the excitement? Hi, Ridley! Nice to see you! Secondly, this assignment was last minute-"

"-you decide the assignments." Blau cut off.

"And thirdly, I am not late. We're waiting for our departure slot and I was using that time to get you all a surprise."

"Is the surprise supposed to be you?" Jordan asked and Ridley tutted at her.

"You're my next Voodoo doll, Nobbs."

Alexia enjoyed the sight of everybody ganging up on her.

"Where's Chiquito?"

"Making friends with Narla, I presume."

"Where's the surprise?" Lucy asked, earning her a slap but she persisted.

"Are we safe on this thing?" Jordan asked.

She looked over at Alexia and their eyes met before Ridley spotted her and Jordan holding hands. She raised an eyebrow, obviously amused.

"Yes, you are safe Nobbs. But I'm sure Alexia won't mind holding your hand all flight."

"I feel a lot safer with you here, actually." Alexia felt Jordan's hand ease its pressure on her own. "Can I try on your hat?"

Ridley audibly groaned. "No surprise for you all, then. The cabin crew can have them."

Lucy perked up. "Was it food?"

Blau and Alexia exchanged an eye roll of a look that Alexia enjoyed. Of course that would excite Lucy.