Lucy Bronze x Reader (2)

Jordan looked slightly better after the shower, however her demeanour was still down. Her eyes were red and puffy, and she looked even more slight in Lucy's larger clothes. As she rounded the corner, YFN gave her a warm smile and Jordan took a seat next to her at the kitchen counter. Lucy slid a hot drink across to her and squeezed her hand for support.

Jordan held the cup in between her hands and looked at YFN. "Thank you for everything. Y...you...I didn't realise how upset I'd beco..." Her lips quivered as she tried to stop herself from crying to no success. She became frustrated. "Argh I'm so sorry." She buried her face in her hands again and YFN stood next to her, again wrapping an arm around her shoulders, and squeezing. Jordan leant into her. Lucy looked at YFN with wide, intrigued eyes. They'd only met an hour ago and Jordan was already so trusting of her. Who was she? What had they talked about?

"You're okay, Jordan. You're okay. Let it out, but don't dwell, just like we said before, okay?"

Jordan nodded, her head moving against YFN's torso as she hid her face. YFN took the tissue box extended to them by Lucy and put it in front of Jordan. She grabbed some tissues gratefully and blew her nose, leaning back. YFN took her seat again.

"Y...you're my Australian guardian angel, honestly. I..." She looked at YFN with eyes that reflected her sadness. "Can...can you stay? Please?" She looked at Lucy. "Can she stay? She's really nice I promise."

Lucy gave her friend an amused smile and turn to YFN with a look of 'I told you so.' "Of course she can."

Jordan looked at YFN. "I can stay for a little longer, but perhaps not the night. I am still a random stranger, after all.. and you two are officially the first people in this country I know!"

They both smiled at that, again the slight disappointment reflected on both of their faces. YFN wiped the rain that had dripped onto her face from her hair, and looked at Lucy, gesturing to the bathroom. "May I?"

Lucy watched her closely and held her stare with an interested one. "Of course – let me get some clothes for you."

The shower was a much needed boost of warmth after the downpour. YFN wondered whether or not she should wash her hair, feeling unsure if it would be rude to use Lucy's shampoo and conditioner. From what she could already tell of the woman, she decided she wouldn't mind. Hopping out, she quickly dried and put on the clothes Lucy had given her, an unopened sports bra and underwear, along with some comfy grey sweatpants, a shirt and a hoody. Almost all of the sizes were just slightly too big, but she loved that. She could tell also that the hoody was not new, as it smelled like vanilla and bitter orange. Was that Lucy's smell? Her stomach tingled with little butterflies, but she pushed aside the feeling. How was it possible to be attracted to someone after just knowing them for 10 minutes?

Jordan was on the couch when YFN came out. Lucy gave a smile, brushing past her as she headed to the bathroom to shower, and YFN joined Jordan on the couch, settling into the corner.

"How are you feeling, mate?"

Jordan laughed at the Australian term. "Better... Luce has been great, she's made me feel a bit better about it all. Though, she is upset I didn't let her know sooner."

"Why didn't you..?"

"It's a bit difficult, to be fair. She plays in another country, and there's no point worrying her from all the way over here. She can't exactly pack up and leave to take care of me."

YFN's interest spiked at this a little. Lucy didn't live in England? "No, but she can give you advice from afar and I'm sure she has people to contact here to make sure you're safe and happy, you know? I bet you have a whole community of people around you. Shutting people out because you think it's what's best for them is not what you need right now. You need the support of your friendships."