Lucy Bronze x Reader (28) & Alexia Putellas x Character (4)

It was MD-1 for Barca and they were notorious for training hard on those days. Long days.

Lucy arrived alone, feeling almost naked without her phone, but she was also a little relieved to not have it, so she wouldn't be seeing anymore photos of YFN and Leah online. After she'd shattered her iPad, Alexia had helped her find one of the medical staff who were still onsite to remove any shards of glass and wrap her hand. It wasn't ideal, and she was angry with herself for losing her temper, but Alexia had helped her calm down and convince her that she needed to keep that space, out of respect for her girlfriend. It was media, after all, who were notorious for starting drama where there was none. Lucy knew better. She knew where Leah and Jordan's hearts were, and if she put aside her insecurities, she knew where YFN's was also. With Lucy. Lucy just hoped she hadn't scared her away.

"Lucia! There you are!" One of the security guards rushed over as she arrived. "Your phone.. one of the fans found it."

Lucy felt a sense of relief. Her need for YFN to be able to contact her trumped her jealousy of seeing photos of her stunning Australian with Leah. "Do you have it?"

"No.. they said they will bring it to the game tomorrow for you. I'll find them and bring you to them tomorrow."

Great. Another full day without it. "Thanks for letting me know.. I'll look out for you tomorrow."

Lucy walked onto the field and over to their exercise room, giving the camera a small acknowledgement that was a lot less than her usual grin. She just couldn't pretend she was happy today when she wasn't. The aching inside her, the unresolved discussions they had yet to have. Without her phone, she couldn't even look up photos of the game YFN was at today, hoping she'd see her in the background of Jordan's game. She dropped her boots outside and walked into the training room, the last to arrive. Ona was immediately on her.

"Lucia! Your hand!" She almost shouted, worried as she took Lucy's hand. Lucy pulled it away a little too harshly.

"It's fine."

Alexia caught her eye and gave her a look. Lucy must have given a terrible response because Alexia came over then before Ona could try to talk to Lucy further.

"We did too much boxing last night." Was all she said, as she stood between the two and crossed her arms, looking at Jonatan. That was the end of that. Ona still seemed slightly worried for Lucy and her mood. She rarely took things to heart, and always felt what other people felt deeply. A true empath.

The players were in groups or pairs most of the day, Alexia ensuring she kept Lucy close. They were rough with each other all day, not noticing the other players giving them wide berths and worried looks from afar.

"Okay, Lucia, enough." Alexia said as they collapsed onto the grass, the soccer ball landing somewhere nearby.

They took their time to get their breath back, and Alexia was the first to sit up.

"What do you need, Lucia?" Alexia asked. She was asking as a Captain, because she didn't really understand her needs.

Lucy was still on her back, staring up at the clouds. The sun was getting low, and she wanted to see the sunset. "I need your phone."

She paused before she responded. "Okay."

As easy as that? Lucy sat up and watched as Alexia collected her phone from the sidelines and came back over to sit on the grass near Lucy. Lucy took the phone gratefully, but perhaps also a little too eagerly as she looked for photos of the Aston Villa game. It had already ended, and Chelsea had completed dominated them, but she wasn't looking at that. She was looking for her girlfriend who she found in several photos on the sidelines.