Lucy Bronze x Reader (21)

(*Mentions of mental health, suicide and domestic abuse. Take care with this chapter please x *)

Much to Lucy's amusement, YFN was driving her car for the first time. YFN had first suggested that she drive to Birmingham to get used to the car and roads in the UK, and because Lucy had done all of the driving thus far. The first 20 minutes had been stressful, but eased with Lucy's amused support.

"It's just a car, little one. I don't care what happens to it as long as you're okay.." She'd said. That and how calm she was explaining the differences in the roads made YFN feel much, much more at ease.

When she was comfortable enough, Lucy insisted they ran through some of the information that was emailed through by Lumos, Lucy testing her knowledge.

"I only briefly skipped through that email, Luce.. it was our third date." She groaned.

"Don't think I don't know you've been doing research since the girls first told you about this job.."

YFN looked guilty. "I like to be prepared."

Lucy chuckled. "I know. It's one of the things I love about you.. and you might as well use me while I'm here, right? We'll start slow."

YFN groaned. "Okay, I'll try my best."

"Okay, talk to me about the different tiers of women's football in England."

"Starting off slow, hey?" She pouted. Lucy was challenging her. "Okay... okay. There's the top tier, Tier 1, the Barclay's FA WSL. It has 12 teams, bottom team gets relegated to Tier 2 which is the FA Women's Championship. Also 12 teams, the winners going into the WSL for the next season, while the bottom-placed team are relegated Tier 3, the FA Women's Nation's League. Then it gets a bit complicated because there's the northern teams against each other and the southern teams against each other with the top northern and southern team in the final FA WNL Championship Play-Off, the winner moving up to Tier 2, FA Champions League."

She looked over at Lucy who was grinning at her proudly. "I knew you'd been researching."

YFN blushed under her gaze. "It's important to you.. so it's important to me. Regardless of the job."

"God, you're so cute." She kissed her on her little cheek dimple, her face reddening further. "Try name the 12 teams in the WSL for me.."

"Okay... okay I can do it by location, might be easier. Around Manchester you have 2 teams, Man United and Man City. Around Liverpool there's Liverpool and Everton. Around Birmingham there's Aston Villa. Close to them there's Leicester, in Leicester.. then there's Bristol City by itself, and around London are the other 5 teams, Brighton and Hove Albion, Chelsea, West Ham United, Arsenal, and... Tottenham."

"You're so sexy when you're talking football.." Lucy commented as she fed YFN a Malteser.

"Why do I feel like I'm being rewarded like a dog?"

"Who's a good girl," Lucy cooed and patted her head. YFN rolled her eyes. "Who are the current WSL Champions?"

"Chelsea, they beat Man United."

"Do any WSL teams play for other titles?"

"Uh.. there's the Continental Cup? Conti Cup.. it's the Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams together, so WSL and The Championship."

"And the current Conti Cup Champions?"

"Arsenal.. they beat Chelsea."

"Any other titles?"

"The UEFA Women's Champions League.. it's basically the WSL of Europe. It's where all the fun happens and there's a chance for a team like Arsenal to go up against a team like Barcelona." She turned to Lucy. "Is it your favourite?"