Lucy Bronze x Reader (56) / Alexia Putellas x Character (26) MINI

Join our WOSO Discord chat! Link in bio :)

((**< 1k**))

YFN POV

Sudden loud banging startled YFN and Lucy awake. They jolted upright, the Australian whimpering at her broken body as she did so; Lucy's arms quick to find her.

"I'm okay Luce-"

More loud, insistent banging and Narla now yapping. Lucy felt around without her glasses, trying to find her phone. It felt like they'd barely slept – having had dealt with the Mark situation the day before and Lucy attending the Arsenal game with Alexia. Lucy had seen the fatigue wearing YFN down and had ushered the players from the apartment by 9pm.

"Fucking 3am."

More loud banging. So hard, in fact, that YFN thought the door may break down.

"Luce..."

"I've got it, little one. Stay here."

Lucy's glasses were on and she was up, stalking for the door and almost ready for a fight. Understandably so – she was protective.

YFN rolled off the bed and hopped her way towards the doorway as she heard Lucy rip the front door open.

"Wha-"

Lucy's voice cut off as footsteps entered the apartment without a word. YFN watched as Ridley rounded the corner looking the most dishevelled she'd ever seen her. Hair ruffled, and clothes just thrown on without a care. Not at all the well put together Ridley she usually was.
Lucy was right behind her looking confused and a little annoyed at the intrusion. "Hey!"

But Ridley only had eyes for thing and as soon as she saw her, YFN inhaled sharply at the redness surrounding her eyes. Alexia.

She stalked forward with purpose and a grieving expression. If YFN didn't know her as well as she did, she would have thought she were about to beat the hell out of her. But it was Ridley. She dropped to her knees and her face found YFN's body, her arms wrapping around her legs and hugging her as she sobbed.

YFN's heart broke into little pieces. She looked over at Lucy whose annoyance had faded, instead replaced with pure empathy. This wasn't a Ridley she'd seen before.

YFN's hand found Ridley's hair and held her close, stroking it.

"Oh, Riddles."

The strongest woman she knew – broken down into a sobbing mess. She let her work herself down a little before speaking.

"What can I – we do? What do you need?"

Her sobs had faded now. "I need to go, Blue."

She needed to go. To escape. To move again. She'd said that to Blue every single time she'd moved on to a different place, and every time it was just as heart-breaking. She was going to just abandon Alexia here?

"She deserves more than me. Please make sure she's happy. Look after her... let me know if she needs anything at all..." her head tilted up to look at her as she repeated herself. "Please. I need to go, Blue."

It was desperate. Almost asking. She didn't want to leave her.

"Okay, Riddles. I have Luce to take care of me..."

Her forehead found her abdomen again and nodded. She squeezed a little tighter and then stood, taking her head into her hands and placed a long, loving, lingering kiss onto her forehead. "I love you Blue. So, so much. You know how to reach me. Only you."

She did. She was the only person who knew how to reach her when she disappeared. YFN nodded and pressed herself into her, not knowing how long it would be until they saw each other again.

"I love you, Riddles."

"Anything you need... call me."

"You're going to leave her like this?" She whispered against her.

"She-"

"-will be lucky to have you. And you, her."

"You know it's more complicated than that. I have nothing to offer beyond money and sex. No family. I'll always be gone. I've killed people. I still do. She deserves the world, Blue. I can't taint that."

YFN sighed, knowing she'd never be able to convince her otherwise. "Will we... still see you at Christmas?"

A brief pause. "I'm not sure."

YFN was crying now. She kissed wherever she could reach. "Thank you for saying goodbye. I love you, Riddles."

"I love you too, Blue."

They held each other a little longer before Ridley broke it with another kiss to her forehead that came straight from her heart.

"Bye my baby Blue."

Ridley turned to leave, stopping at Lucy briefly. "You'd better look after her, Bronze. Treat her like a fucking Queen. I'm trusting you."

Lucy knew her well enough for that, though, and extended her hand for a goodbye with a sympathetic smile. "We're right here when you need us. For anything. Goodbye Ridley."

And then she was gone for good.