Lucy Bronze x Reader (25)

It was Thursday, day four, and YFN woke feeling like she'd actually slept okay after her late night phone call with Lucy. They hadn't talked for long after, she'd insisted Lucy get some rest for training and vice versa, but it had made her wake with a smile. Somehow, she'd managed to wake before Jordan and so she made them breakfast. She'd learnt that Jordan was a big fan of cold breakfasts for training days and hot breakfasts for game days. She'd also realised that Jordan liked acai breakfast bowls like herself and made her a small one before settling onto the couch with Blu.

"Breakfast on the counter for you, wifey." YFN grinned as Jordan padded over, still half asleep.

"You know, it's so nice to have roommate again." Jordan mustered up a smile with a yawn.

"Aw mate, you're just saying that so I'll make you breakfast every day."

"Remember the spaghetti for lunch on game days!" She winked and joined her on the couch.

They settled into their breakfast and YFN was finally awake enough to look at her phone. Tonnes of notifications, there always was. From her team, to players, to Lucy sending her a morning selfie. She stared at that for a while, getting butterflies and a little smile on her face must have appeared because Jordan made fun of her for it. Lucy was a notoriously bad texter according to Jordan, but she'd been good with YFN so far. She liked the extra space anyways, it created mystery and even more need.

Her stomach dropped when she saw notifications that she hadn't seen for a while. They were Instagram messages again, though this time the usernames were a bunch of random letters and numbers. Curiosity dictated she open them, even though she knew she shouldn't. Whoever it was had sent her photos and videos of Lucy and Ona Batlle at training and outside. She had to admit, the photos did look like they were flirting, though she knew all too well that images could capture the wrong idea. Ona seemed to be very touchy, very hands on, and Lucy appeared to be doing nothing to dissuade her. She was grinning and seemably liking the affection. But that wasn't the main issue she had with it. It was the way Ona looked at Lucy, like she was completely head over heels in love with her. Her heart dropped with her stomach and she put her phone away, shaking her head. There goes her morning happiness.

In the afternoon YFN had had enough and found herself researching a bit about the relationship between the two. She was in the waiting room of a doctor's office, zoned out. She knew she should have asked Lucy but didn't want to start drama while they were so far apart, and to be quite honest with herself, she was a little upset at the way the pictures painted Lucy with Ona.

YFN had kept replaying one video in particular. It seemed to be after a game and Ona was talking to people in the crowd that she knew, reaching up to greet them. Lucy noticed and walked over, limping on her sore knee after what must have been a tough game, and the amount of times they looked at each other sneakily was unmistakeable. The video was tagged for just a weeks before they'd met. She watched the particular part when Lucy moved around her, her body almost touching Ona's as she moved unnecessarily close to her, her hand almost grabbing at her waist. Lucy gave a wave and a grin to the people Ona was talking to and the young Spaniard looked at Lucy with big eyes and a smile. She shook her head, frustrated, and put her phone back in her bag.

The images had kept coming all day long, and they were tagged with dates. She was disappointed in herself for looking at them, but she needed to, to protect her heart. What if Lucy and Ona were really a thing, and she had let herself fall too far with Lucy? Or what if the distance was a factor and Lucy would need someone around more? YFN felt the vital need to protect that part of her that she'd guarded so strongly for the past three decades. Where the fuck were the photos coming from? Who? Logic said it must have been Kristie, but why wasn't she saying anything?