Lucy Bronze x Reader (20)

YFN had just received an email from the company she now worked for, Lumos. She tried to research the company and the first thing that popped up was a popular charity, followed by several other companies sharing the same name. Eventually she found her company which had nothing beyond a basic internet site and new social media accounts, so she knew they were being honest when they said they were brand new and starting up.

The salary they'd offered her was already high, with the promise of increase based on performance, both hers and Lumos'. The amount of money they were putting into the business and expenses were also much higher than she expected. Someone really wanted this to work.

She looked over at Lucy who was making her own sandcastles and smiled. Once the email had come through, Lucy had insisted she read it and took her time to mull it over. YFN loved that she was doing anything she could to let her make a future in the country, and especially around her profession. That was her Lucy. Always three steps ahead.

She took her phone out to film a little snippet of her as she made her giant sandcastle. She couldn't help the smile on her face looking at how happy she was. Lucy's big kid was shining through. She looked up and saw YFN filming her and grinned, gesturing to her sandcastle as if to show it off. YFN ended the video and put it away, looking at Lucy sitting in the sand, a leg either side of her creation. She was wearing black shorts, her whole body tanned from Spain, abs shining with the sunscreen YFN put on her, regardless of the clouds. Her heart felt full just watching her.

"Admiring the view?" Lucy grinned.

YFN felt her face reddening, though she didn't know why. She wasn't ashamed to look. She nodded, pressing her lips together to hide a cheeky smile.

"Can you send me that video, little one?"

"Yes ma'am."

She sent the video and went back to the email on her laptop. The email was promising, and she found herself excited at everything she read.

Her phone rang and she looked at the number, Lumos. She answered it, putting it on speaker, knowing Lucy would be interested.

"YFN speaking."

"Hi YFN, it's Joe, how are you?" She sounded lovely, like a mum.

"Hi Joe, lovely to hear from you again. I'm great, just at the beach soaking in all of the sunshine the UK has to offer."

She laughed. "I dare say it's nothing compared to what you're used to in Australia. I hope I haven't caught you at a bad time."

"No, not at all. I was expecting this today, I'm free to chat." She smiled at Lucy who gave her a supportive thumbs up.

"Excellent. Okay, well I thought we'd just go through the basics of what we're hoping to accomplish as a company, our goals and along those lines. If you have the email open, we'll just run through it together. Also, how's the work Visa coming along?"

"Perfect, I have it open now. I've also spoken to my Visa agent and he's confident they'll have it approved by tonight. They're happy with the contract and 6-month minimum guarantee that you've sent through."

"Outstanding, that's what we want to hear! Just send that through as soon as you receive it, or if you need any other information. Fingers crossed! Okay, let's get started. So firstly, as you know, I've wanted to start this company for quite a period of time. I have a lot of friends and acquaintances in and around the industry, and we're not seeing the movement in female football that we've wanted, so Lumos is a plan to change that. Now, the World Cup has been brilliant for progress, and we plan to latch onto that and keep the momentum building. Over the past year and especially the past few months, I and my friends in the industry have put our feelers out, gotten some feedback and have established interest by a lot of the players. Now, I understand it will start slow, but we're willing to put the work in and definitely also put the funding into it."