Lucy Bronze x Reader (27)

Jordan was laughing so hard that YFN worried her protein shake would come up.

"Dory, it's not funny!"

Jordan tried to talk, sitting up and wiping the tears away with the bottom of her shirt but at the sight of a worried YFN, she was right back at it, rolling around like a bug on her back on the couch. Her laugh had upgraded to a wheezing laugh as she struggled for breath which made YFN finally crack a smile and allow herself a little chuckle with her. She walked over and tilted the back of the couch up, making Jordan fall off and roll onto the carpet in the living room. Not even that stopped her. Not until Blu was getting excited at her laughing and started to lick her face and yap.

"I'm never doing anything nice again." YFN groaned.

"Ah... Jesus... okay I'm back.." Jordan chuckled, wiping more tears away and managing to pull herself back onto the couch. "If you could see your face though."

YFN whined. "Who the fuck writes that?! What if I wasn't even gay? They don't know anything about me."

"Leah said she's sorting it out, yeah?"

"Yeah.. she was really apologetic about it actually."

"Of course she was. But she's really good at sorting things like this out, no need to stress. I'm definitely not, but thanks for my daily laugh, I think I wet myself. I'm glad I didn't take you up on that offer to go instead."

YFN rolled her eyes. "She wanted it to be you. Besides, they actually know your name. They probably just wrote 'partner' because they have no clue who I am."

Jordan pulled her down next to her and squeezed YFN's cheek like a grandparent. "But that all changes today, chicken!"

"I'm so nervous!"

"I'm so excited for you! This is going to be great. Plus, your merch is sexy."

"Free beanie if you pose for a photo for me." YFN winked.

Jordan slapped her arm. "You'd give it to me for free anyways."

"You have no idea how excited I am to see you play."

"Don't get your hope up chicken, Chelsea are brutal under Emma."

"Regardless of any of that, you're still going to be there in your little kit, and I'll be on the sidelines waiting for a selfie and an autograph. I wish I could wear your jersey!"

Jordan grinned. "I don't think anyone will blame you for a bit pf favouritism on your first day. I am very cute."

"Yes.. yes you are. Very cute." She looked at the time quickly. "Now we both have to go and I've had about five hours sleep since my late night drive from London. So... let's talk about Leah."

Jordan gave a funny face.

"She was great last night, Dory. She was helpful and chivalrous and so much fun to be around. She also gave really great advice for me about Lucy.."

This interested Jordan. "Oh? What did she say?"

YFN quoted what Leah had said to her about making a mistake by convincing herself it was what was best for everyone when it's not.

Jordan's lips moved from side to side while she thought. She could tell she was a little emotional.

"So... she admits it was a mistake?"

"This isn't new, Jords." YFN said softly, reaching out to squeeze her hand. Jordan smiled at her using 'Jords' instead of her nickname. "I told her that the Leah I see now is not the 'weak' woman who left you because she thought she wasn't enough. She's stronger now. More mature. She's learnt her lesson. And... I told her about how we met."