LB x Reader (60) / AP x Character (30) & JN x LW (15)

((**3.1k**))

LUCY POV

Lucy only had eyes for YFN. She saw them holding hands and knew it was a friendly gesture, nevertheless, she watched as her little Australian withdrew her hand and gave Lucy a smile she knew was meant to reassure her. She examined her expression which Lucy could now read like a book. She was tired, yet untroubled. That was reassuring. As she got closer, YFN raised an eyebrow and gave her a look, her eyes flickering to Ona and back. Lucy pouted, getting the hint, and turned her head to Ona who was watching her approach, her cheeks a little flushed.

"Hola Lucy," the Spaniard greeted huskily.

"Hola Ona," Lucy replied kindly and they shared a Spanish greeting. Lucy's lips never met Ona's cheeks, though she felt her lips softly on both of hers.

Lucy pulled away and grabbed a chair, dragging it between the two and sitting, her arm finding its way into YFN's lap. Only then did she release the breath she was holding.

"And breathe, Luce."

She met her eyes and they gave that little smile to each other. The knowing one.

"I'm breathing."

"Mmnhmn. And you abandoned Ale."

Lucy's stomach dropped as she looked over at Alexia approaching. She was always the star of whatever room she walked into and her notoriety for being tough la Reina meant she didn't have players approaching her. Instead they watched from afar, most of their heads turned as she walked through the room to join them at the table.

Ona leapt up and wrapped herself around Alexia. Chiquito abandoned ship quickly, hopping to the table and padding his way around curiously, only stopping briefly to acknowledge YFN with a nuzzle into her awaiting hand.

Lucy knew Ona well enough to know she wasn't letting Alexia out of her sight anytime soon. She watched Alexia's almost blank expression as she held Ona back politely, murmuring in Spanish, and she turned to share a look with YFN. Alexia's emotions were turned off to the situation. Not good.

Alexia had to encourage Ona off of her in the end, and came around the table to greet YFN.

"Hey Ale."

"Hola Blau."

"Are you...okay?" Ona asked hesitantly in Spanish as Alexia found her seat.

"Yes, I'm fine. You shouldn't have come. You played yesterday."

Ever-the-touchy Ona reached out to squeeze her hand reassuringly. "Of course I came. We have training from Wednesday, will you come to watch the game?"

"I'm not sure."

"Not sure if you'll stay here?"

"I'm not sure."

When she saw that Alexia was locked hard in her shell, she pulled back, changed the subject and switched to English. "I been want to come back and visit the girls anyway. I have a lot of excited message today about this..." she leant back in her chair to get a better view of the chaos of the studio.

"Do either of you want to shoot anything?" YFN asked.

"What... we can do?"

YFN began explaining to them just as she had with Jordan and Leah, pointing to the sponsors, the lawyers, the podcast, the photos, brands, interviews and pet interviews. She couldn't help but watch her as she did so; the excitement on her face as she spoke, breaking through the weariness. Her generosity. The way her lips moved as she spoke in that cute little Australian accen-

"Luce?"

Lucy's eyes snapped back up to her blue ones and saw the humour dancing there as she'd been caught. "Hm?"