Lucy Bronze x Reader (7)

YFN woke early, her head in the crook of Lucy's neck. She was half on top of her, cuddled to the side of her body with her legs tangled around one of Lucy's. She was so warm and comfortable, Lucy's arms protectively around her and her head leaning on top of hers. She shifted to look over at Jordan who was still very much asleep. She breathed a sigh of relief but didn't risk staying any longer. She tried to carefully extract herself from a sleeping Lucy but she eventually woke, patting around the couch for her glasses. YFN found them and gently put them on her half-asleep eyes. YFN slowly came into focus in front of her. She gave a sleepy smile and tilted her head in a question.

"I forgot I have something to do this morning, I need to go." Lucy looked a little disappointed, so she reached out and touched her cheek lightly. "I haven't slept that good in a long time. I'll see you tonight?"

"Yes... definitely yes."

"And you're sure it won't affect your football prep?"

She shook her head and tried to whisper, though her morning voice was slightly deeper and huskier. "Training finishes at 5."

"I'll see you after training." YFN gave a cheeky smile and collected her things, quietly tiptoeing away.

Lucy was disappointed at her leaving, and the parts of her body she'd just been laying on felt empty and cold. Suddenly, YFN appeared over the back of the couch and grabbed Lucy's face, planting a kiss on her cheek. Lucy grinned and YFN kissed the parts of her cheek that crinkled with her grin also. After several pecks, she left Lucy sitting on the couch, far too excited for the night to come.

A knock came at her door just after 10am. "It's open!"

Jordan walked in with a bigger smile on her face than usual as YFN exited the bathroom in a towel, phone to her ear. Jordan sat on the bed, her little legs dangling off, unable to reach the ground. YFN gave her a grin and used a second towel to dry her wet hair.

'Your grandma?' Jordan mouthed. YFN nodded.

"Yeah nan... yep... okay yep perfect. Awesome. Okay... I'll talk to you later! Love you!" She hung up and dropped the phone onto the bed.

"Aw she sounds cute," Jordan gushed.

"She's the cutest. Hey Dory! You're looking awfully chipper for someone who slept on the couch."

Jordan gave another grin and didn't say anything, just stared at YFN.

"Ooookay well at least close your eyes while I get dressed please," YFN laughed.

"Oh! Sorry." She covered her eyes and YFN dropped her towel. "I need some advice from you... you know, because you give the best advice."

YFN chuckled. "I try.. Of course I'll give you advice!"

"Okay well I sort of like someone... a lot."

"Yes, Dory! That's amazing! Who?"

"Well there's the problem, she's my mate's friend... and I really don't want to ruin that relationship. They've been friends for a while, but I've only just made friends with them. What should I do?"

"Well.. how much do you like her?"

"A lot. Like, I can't stop thinking about her. We've held hands and even cuddled once. Oh, and one time we made out but I don't want to upset my other friend or come between them."

YFN hummed. "You can open your eyes now." She was looking in the mirror, brushing her hair to put it up in a messy bun as she continued. "If they've been friends for a while then I doubt you'll come between them, Dory. As long as you and the person you like tell your friend before you go any further, then that's perfectly okay! And if this new friend really is your friend then they won't mind if you're open and honest and genuinely like this person, you know?"